Are you sure? [Reilin]

It was a sunny afternoon and the sunlight dappled through the windows, resting on the furniture and other stuff inside the room.

The room was quiet, except for the soft trilling of Essix the gyrfalcon, who was perching on Rollan's shoulder. The young man sat comfortably in a chair, a frustrated look on his face. He seemed to be fiddling with a bandage around his hand.

"Geez Essix, this is the fourth time you've messed up my hand, all because I didn't give you enough treats! You're getting fat anyways." He complained and glared at his spirit animal. Essix ruffled her feathers and squaked at him, turning her head and going into passive form.

The soft patter of footsteps caught his attention and Rollan looked up, seeing a figure coming towards the room. He smiled when he recognized his wife, who looked very happy for some reason.

Meilin practically ran over to him and hugged him, catching Rollan by surprise. He laughed, returning the hug and lightly kissing her forehead. "You're oddly joyous today, Meilin. What's up?" He stands up out of his chair.

She giggled and pulled away from her husband. Her eyes seemed to be twinkling. "Rollan, would you rather have a son or a daughter?"

Rollan blinked, confusing. "Wha-? Why?"

Meilin rolled her eyes and smiles before saying, "I'm pregnant, you dummy."

It was all quiet for a moment, as Rollan was in complete shock.

Pregnant..?

"A-are you sure?" He stuttered, still surprised.

His wife sighed and looked at him. "Yes I'm sure." Her smile faded into a frown. "Are you....are you not happy?"

"Happy..? Of course I'm happy!" Joy welled up inside of him. Rollan's face turned into a huge smile and he embraced Meilin, hugging her tightly. "Gosh, I'm going to be a father!" His eyes widened with realization at his words.

"I'm going to be a father."

Rollan pulled away from Meilin, who blinked at him with confusion and concern. "What's wrong?" She asked.

"Wh....what if I'm not good enough for this baby?" He stammered nervously. He was scared that he would fail, and not be able to provide for their child.  "What if I fail as a father? What if I become /my/ father? What if–"

"Rollan, stop it." Meilin interrupted him and takes his hand into hers. "You will be a good father, I know it." Rollan opened his mouth to speak but she continued. "You won't fail." She pressed her forehead to his.

He calmed down at her touch, the anxiety that had welled up inside of him faded away. "Y-you think so?"

"I don't /think/. I /know/." Meilin murmured, pulling away from him. "Now, we need to think of girl names."

"Girl names? What, are you that certain it's a girl?" Rollan grinned. "It's going to be a boy, I'm sure of it."

"No, it's gonna be a girl."

"Boy."

"Girl."

"Boy!"

"Oh, shut up Rollan."

------

Whew, that took me a while! I took like 50 breaks writing this.

It turns out Rollan was right, they did have a boy! Don't worry though, they'll have another child soon ;)

you may be wondering, what would they have named Prince if he turned out to be a girl?

Well, if it had been a girl, Meilin would've named her (she named Prince too anyways lol) Prim.

Send me more ships and ideas to do! Bye~