I'll see you on the other side [Larik]

He started appearing in her dreams.
Well, he had, since his death. Lishay could be having any dream: from unicorns riding paper mache cars, to a tornado of bread.
Tarik would always be in them, sitting in the corner with a smile on his face.
His gaze would Lishay everywhere and haunt her when she woke.

But this dream...this dream was different. There was nothing interesting about it, like her usual dreams.
Lishay stood there, in front of Tarik, staring at him.
They were in a solid black room, however they could see each other clearly.

Lishay stayed still for a few more moments, until Tarik chuckled and spread open his arms. A choked sob came out the woman's mouth as she ran and threw herself into Tarik's chest.

The man smiled and closed his eyes. "Oh, Lishay," he whispered, "how I missed you."
Lishay couldn't answer because she was sobbing into him, her breath hitched and shaky.

Tarik lifted her head gently and smiled, wiping away her tears. "Don't cry, love." He soothed. "I am here."
"But why?" Lishay cried, "Why did you have to die?"
Tarik hushed her softly. "I died saving someone I'd gladly call my son." His eyes shone with pride.
The woman blinked up at him and said quietly, "if you lived, we could've had our own son."

Tarik rested his forehead against hers. "I know...but sadly, death is inevitable. But you know what? No matter if I'm dear or alive, I will never stop loving you."

Lishay gazed into his eyes, becoming silent for a moment. Then she breathed out, "I love you, Tarik."
Tarik smiled and kissed her nose. "I love you most."

They stood there, holding each other until Lishay opened her eyes and saw the room fading.
"Goodbye Tarik." She whispered, her eyes tearing up again.

All she saw was the man grin and his voice ringing in her head:

Take your time my love.
I'll see you on the other side.

---

Woo I'm back
I wrote this a while ago during class but got lazy and only posted it today xD
This one's short but I actually really like it! Larik is my shit bro
A Reilin or Shanbeke will be up next. Don't take my word for it.