music - tarishay.

Sunlight pours in through the huge, great windows lining the Grand Hall, green curtains flowing gently. It's the early evening, and most Greencloaks by this time are either in the Dining Hall of settling down to bed.

The Grand Hall is vacant as young Tarik walks, relaxed and at home in the Castle. He doesn't know where he's going, but he loves passing through this hall. His mind feels at ease here, like nothing else matters.

Tarik passes one or two Greencloaks on his way to the Greencloaks' quarters. In this area, there are training rooms, storage rooms, and other places for anyone to use.

As he pads through, he pauses when he hears a voice singing softly, along with the echoing of a piano.

"It's you, it's you, it's all for you..."

Curiously, Tarik locates the room it's coming from, which he recognizes as Lishay's "zone". He doesn't knock right away, instead he listens.

"Everything I do..."

He turns the handle slowly and gently opens the door.

"I tell you all the time, heaven is a place on earth with you,"

Sure enough, she's there sitting on the piano bench, fingers fluidly touching the white piano keys.

"Tell me all the things you wanna do."

The sun is shining through a closed window, lightning her black locks.

"I heard that you like the bad girls honey, is that true?"

She doesn't know he's here yet. How would she when she's so entranced in her music like that?

"It's better than I ever been knew, they say that the world was built for two."

Tarik thinks she looks so amazing, singing and playing the piano. She looks so at peace, her usual guarded expression completely gone. For once, she's...totally comfortable. And that's what makes Tarik not move, what makes him so captivated.

"Only worth living if somebody...is loving you..."

He softly closes the door behind him so he doesn't disturb her.

"...baby now you do."

She stops, hands still on the keys, before letting out a breath and resting them on her thighs.

Tarik claps, a grin growing on his face. Lishay squeaks, standing and turning abruptly, startled. Her facial features go from frightened to flustered in less than a beat when she realizes it's him. "H-how long have you been there?" The Zhongese girl gets out, cheeks flushed with embarrassment.

"Long enough to hear you do all that." Tarik answers simply and stops his applause. Judging from her reaction, Lishay hadn't expected anyone to hear her, or is flustered that it was him who saw her like that, when usually she's completely different. "That was amazing, by the way."

Lishay sits back down, recovering her wits, but still not looking at him. "Thank you," she mutters almost inaudibly.

Tarik smiles softly. While Lishay normally is very uptight and doesn't let things get to her, it's amusing--and kind of cute, a voice in his head adds--how she changes completely when caught doing something one wouldn't take someone like her to do. He approaches his friend. "I didn't know you could play piano. Or sing." The Niloan boy muses.

Lishay shifts, allowing him to sit down on the piano bench. "Well, I do." She retorts a little defensively, and Tarik can't help but chuckle. She hesitates for a moment and then says, "My mother taught me. How to play piano, I mean. Singing...kind of came naturally. And I haven't played in a while, so..." Lishay looks at her hands timidly.

"Could you play some more?" Tarik asks after a long moment of silence. "If you want to, that is." He adds hastily as Lishay glances at him with surprise. "You...you sounded really nice earlier and...I wanted to hear some more."

For a moment Lishay looks like she's going to say no, but instead she smiles and says, "okay." Tarik wishes he could see her like this more; with a smile on her face and happiness everywhere she looks.

"Maybe I can give her happiness," Tarik thinks as Lishay places her fingers on the piano keys again, "maybe I can make her smile more."

{and he did.}

---

aaaaAAAA

I WROTE THIS ALL IN ONE DAY BE PROUD OF ME
Anyways this was for day 1 of canon shipping week on spirit animals amino. The word was "music". Originally I had a different idea but it didn't fit as well.
This is unedited but I like it soooo
The song Lishay was singing is a real song and y'all can figure out what it is LOL
I'll probably be updating lots this week!!