A Wannabe Assassin: Chapter 2

Start from the beginning

Mother accused of poisoning baby.

Ah ha, he cheered. It was as foolproof as possible. So that was it. Now he would come back to when. Now that was still difficult. How would we poison ourselves? Would we drink it plain, or put it in something sweet?

Light bulb. 

Joey got a splendid idea. He hoped it would work this time.

Several hours later...

Ding dong.

A harried woman opened the door. She looked at Joey questioningly.

"Arhem, Good afternoon, ma'am, I have a product on sale for you."

The woman scowled. "Not now. Can't you see I'm extremely busy now?"

Joey faltered. This woman seemed grumpy. But he needed to come inside. "No, I assure you this wont be a waste of time. This product will be extremely useful in taking care of your child."

Now the woman frowned. "How did you know I have a six month old baby?" she asked, suspiciously.

"Madame, you are a beautiful woman, still glowing after pregnancy. How could I not guess," Joey said, flirtatiously. If his grandmother had been there to witness his poor flirty performance, she would have puked, Joey grimaced.

But the woman seemed to have bought it, as she told him to come inside and sit on the sofa. Then she went inside her room to bring her child, and a bottle of milk.

"Okay, now explain your product," the woman said, blushing.

"Er, okay." Joey started.

And just stared at the woman.

He didn't think he would actually be expected to explain his product. If only he had allowed all those pesky salesmen inside, he would have learnt a couple of convincing lines to persuade the woman.

"What is your name, my lovely maiden," Joey asked, requesting for the woman's hand.

The woman willingly obliged, and gave her hand, which Joey kissed. And inwardly cringed. This woman was as unattractive as possible. 

"Sherene Liala," she said, shyly.

Stalling for time, he continued to flirt with her, till he got some ideas on how to sell his product.

"So what is a beautiful lady like you doing all alone in the house?"

Apparently, that was a wrong question to ask. The woman burst out crying.

Joey blinked. Was he stuck with an emotionally deranged woman? Sighing, and patting her on the back, quite hesitatingly, of course, he asked her what was wrong.