Chapter 41

~~~~~~~~~~~~Samantha~~~~~~~~~~~~
As soon as I reached New York I called Oliver but everytime the call went into the voice mail. He must be in a meeting, I thought. So, I hired a cab and went straight to Oliver's house. I reached the door, it was locked. Dropping my luggage on the floor I entered the password to open the door but it showed an error. I entered it again, but it displayed the error again and again. Crap! Oliver must have changed the password and forgot to tell me.

I was dying to meet Oliver so I dropped my luggage and called Max.
Luckily he picked my call in one ring.

"Hello ma'am"

"Really Max, you don't have to be so formal to me. You know that!"

"Of course Sam, how are you?"

"I am fine, but in need of your help right now".

"What happened?"

"Er... Actually I am at Oliver's place right now, I need to come to office but I don't have any money left with me. I gave my debit card to mom, and it's too early for bank to open. So if you could please come to pick me up".

"I am on my way. Meet you in ten minutes".

"Thanks Max, you are a life saver".

I was relieved a bit now. Max came on time to pick me up and ten minutes later I was entering the office building.

As soon as I reached my seat Christine grabbed my shoulders almost startling me.

"Gosh Christine, you scared me", I said turning back towards her.

"Oops sorry. Where were you this week?" She asked sitting on the chair next to mine.

"My mom was not well, so I went to see her".

"Oh, I am so sorry. How is she now?"

"She is fine. Needs some rest though", I replied. I was getting restless to see Oliver so I asked Christine, "If you'll excuse me, I need to see Oliver".

"Of course. He needs you the most right now", she said whispering.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I mean after what happened this week. "

I was absolutely clueless whatever she was talking about. "What happened this week?"

"You don't know?" She was obviously surprised to hear this.

"Tell me", I insisted.

"Someone from our office stole the designs and sold it to the rival company", she said in a low tone.

"What? Who?"

"No one except the boss knows this right now. He hired some hacker to check everyone's system and found out who did it but didn't tell the name to the staff. Nobody has yet been fired so I am not sure if that person was from our office", she said shrugging her shoulders.

This was confusing. So much happened this week and Oliver didn't tell me. Probably because he didn't want to bother me more while I was with mom. Also, we didn't get time to talk much either these few days. This made me feel bad for Oliver, while I was away he was handling all this on his own.

"I am going to see him", I told Christine and went towards Oliver's cabin.

I peeked from the edge of the door, he was standing in front of the window looking outside. Without knocking or making much noise I entered his cabin and tip toeing went ahead and wrapped my arms around his waist. Resting my head on his back I said, "I missed you so much sweetheart".