Chapter 30

~~~~~~~~~~~~Samantha~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No, Oliver please why are you being so stubborn. I don't want to go. I won't be comfortable. I haven't even met your mom once.", I tried for the nth time to explain Oliver why I didn't think it was a good idea to attend his birthday party at his mom's house today.

"I don't want to hear anything. If you are not going, then I am not going too", he said placing his head on my lap.

"What do you mean? It's your birthday party Oliver."

"Exactly. It's my birthday party, so let me decide who I want to take with me to it."

"But, there will be so many people. Most of them will be your business associates. I don't want to embarrass you or your parents."

He sat up straight and hugged me and kissed on my forehead, then cupping my face he said, "don't you ever think that alright. You can never be an embarrassment for me or my family. I am proud of you. You are the most wonderful thing that has ever happened to me. And you mean the world to me, so don't you ever say that again."

His loving words were enough to boost up my confidence. I gave him a kiss and said, "alright,I will come with you."

But agreeing to go on his party made me freak out on another level. As soon as Oliver left the house for some work I called up Claire, asking her help to choose a dress for me for tonight and in no time she was here.

"Ehmmm I think this dress will be best for today's party", Claire said picking up a red free flowing closed neck gown with a dramatic bow detail. It was the same dress which I had in my mind too.

"So, what do you think?" She said placing it over me as I saw myself in the mirror.

"I think it's perfect."

"Great, you can match it with that crystal clutch and Swarovski bracelet which we bought", she said and I nodded my head.

"What is it Sam? You seem tensed?"

I don't know how she does that. It's like she is my long lost sister. She knows me so well. "Actually, I don't think it's a good idea for Oliver to take me to the party", I said in a low voice.

"Don't be silly. I think it's a great idea. You anyways had to meet my parents. This would be a nice excuse."

"Yes, but I don't know anybody there."

"Well, you know the birthday boy. And his beautiful sister", she said fanning her face dramatically.

"True, I don't know why I am overthinking everything."

"Don't worry sissy all will go well", she said hugging me. I am really greatfull to her. She is always so nice to me.*

"Sam are you ready?", Oliver knocked on the door.

"Five more minutes!", I screamed applying mascara on my lashes.

"I am coming in", he said and entered the room. I adjusted my dress once again and turned around. Oliver stood there looking at me with his mouth open.

"Wh.... What? Is something wrong?", I asked him brushing my hands over my dress.

"Something? Everything is wrong. Idea of you going out like this is all wrong."

"Er... What? Why?"

"You are asking why? I don't want any other guy to put an eye on you. I can't jeopardize my position. You are all mine", he said putting his arms around my waist.

"Stop making me nervous", I said feeling a little shy after his comments. I am sure my cheeks had turned red by now.

"No seriously Sam, you are looking stunning. Beautiful enough to make me crazy. I think we should drop the idea of going to the party. Let's stay here only and let me try to change your mind about giving some more time to our relationship before moving to the next base", he said winking.