Chapter 26

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Julianne~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Is this how you treat every girl?", I spat at Ben for keeping me waiting for so long.

"I am so sorry princess, you know NYC traffic is choking", he said cocking his head.

I was still fuming with anger, so I moved my gaze away from him as he sat in front of me. He tried holding my arm but I removed it.

"Princess, please don't be mad. I am sorry, really."

I gave him an angry glare and then looked away.

"Ok, what can I do to make you smile? Do you want me to hold my ears?", He said and he stood up and came around the table and sat in front of me holding his ears with his fingers making a sorry face and I couldn't hold my smile.

"Finally! Thank God you smiled", he said standing up.

"So, you missed me?", He asked sitting back.

"Missed you! Are you kidding?", I laughed sarcastically.

He smirked at me and said, "you are a terrible lier, you know". I didn't reply. I was trying to find some topic to start a conversation, but he spoke again, "why did you call me, if you didn't miss me?"

I started flickering my cellphone and spoke, "er... Well I.... I wanted to ask you about Samantha".

He leaned over the table facing me, and spoke looking into my eyes, "I'll tell you all about her, but first I want to take you somewhere", and then he stood up holding my hands pulling me along, "come on, let's go".

I couldn't say no to him once again. I don't know why I always become defenceless in front of him. We came out of the restaurant and now were standing on the road. The sun was at its full intensity, so I put my glares on.
"Why are we standing here?"

"Waiting for the cab", he replied.

"Cab? Don't you own a car?"

"No princess, but don't worry, very soon I'll earn enough to afford everything you dream of", he said holding my hand. I slipped my hand back and spoke, "What do you do?"

"I have just started working at Will and Martin as broker", he said proudly.

He must be joking. How could a guy like him dream of being with a girl of my status.

I checked him out once again from head to toe. He was definitely not my type with his rugged jeans and non branded shirt. I would never ever had put an eye on this guy if I didn't have to pull Samantha's information from him.

"Where are we going?", I asked covering my forehead with my hands as it was too sunny outside.

"It's a surprise", he said winking at me. He then ran his fingers between his thick hair. Gosh what is wrong with me? Why am I finding his stupid gestures cute? I must be getting crazy with all this stress to impress Oliver.

As the cab stopped in front of us, Ben opened the door for me and said, "Hop in princess!". I entered the cab and he followed and sat next to me. As the driver started the engine, Ben slipped his fingers in between mine and kissed on the back of my hand. Oliver never showed this kind of care and love to me, although I was always sweet to him.

It was a complete two hours long journey, but in Ben's company time flew. I realised that he loves talking. All through the way he showed me different buildings narrating the stories behind each. He had few of his memories attached to them as well. I liked hearing about it.

**** "Princess, look there, that's my high school. I was a very popular kid. Girls used to woo over me, but I never gave any of them much attention."