Chapter 39

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Julianne~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Dad, you did not have to come here", I was panicking since last one hour, when my dad came to new York unannounced.

"Shut up Julianne, you don't need to tell me what I have to do", dad snapped back on me.

"Dad, I have tried everything. Believe me, nothing worked. Oliver is not at all interested in me", I said.

"Of course he is not interested in you, because you have not tried enough", dad poked his index finger into my cheek, glaring at me. His eyes, fixed on me was making me nervous. I knew I had to do something, anything to calm him down, before his anger could harm me. My dad never shied away from giving harsh corporal punishments to me ever. Even till today. And that was one of the reasons why I feared him.

"I....I am sorry dad. Just tell me what I need to do now?" I asked trying hard not to look back into his eyes.

"You need to fix everything. You have spoiled everything. All my plans. You are good for nothing. Waste... Crap!", He screamed at me.

I stepped back. But he grabbed my jaws into his hands, crushing my cheeks with his strong fingers he said, "you have been a very disappointing child. Now promise me, you would do as I say".

Tears had started flowing down my cheeks and I couldn't speak. My throat was choking with all this pain I was feeling in my heart. How could someone do this to his own daughter. "Are you listening?", He questioned tilting my face up towards his face and I nodded in fear.

"Very well, now listen carefully and do exactly as I say. And remember, this is our last chance, so better don't mess this up, or else you know what I do when you disappoint me", he said.

The thought of my skin tearing up with his whips brought down chill all over my body and I shivered with fear. "I promise dad, I'll not disappoint you this time", I said quietly.

**********

"Thanks Oliver, for helping me out once again", I said leaning back on the chair. I was lucky, as Samantha was not there with him today in the office. It was the ideal time for me to play my last card.

"You don't need to say thanks to me Julianne. You are my friend and this was nothing", he said and I smiled at him. Asking him to help me on my presentation was just an excuse to get a chance to execute my plan.

"But Julianne, we can work on this presentation tomorrow. Today I have to go see Sam's mom. Infact I must leave now", he said looking at his watch.

"Er... Now? Actually Oliver the presentation is tomorrow morning and I just have today's time to prepare for it. You know that my business knowledge is so poor. But if it's urgent then I won't stop you".

Oliver sighed and then said, "alright, let me call Sam first. Excuse me!", He said and left the room.

After five minutes he came back and said, "I think I can stay for just today. So, I'll help you".

I gave him a wide smile and said, "really, thanks a lot Oliver". Just then the door swinged open and a guy came rushing down in the room. His face was all flushed.

"What the hell Justin? Where are your manners?" Oliver screamed at him.

"I am sorry Sir, actually its urgent".

"What is it?"

"It seems that our latest designs which we were supposed to deliver to the Cooper's next week", he stopped before finishing his sentence.

"Finish the damn sentence Justin", Oliver screamed at him again.

"Sir, the... they ... It looks like someone sold those design to our rival company, Panache".