02

that private catholic high school wasn't my first choice. it wasn't even my choice, it was my parents. the school had excellent reputation and it was close to our home. this was the place parents sent off their children either to make them look like a decent person or to rub in everyone's faces that they have money.

my first choice would be your school, the semi-private science high school. not for the reason that you're thinking, not to be close to you. no, i didn't even knew you went there - didn't even know you existed that time - and even if i did, you'd already be a senior by then. and seniors don't mix around with freshmen - (but perhaps, that wouldn't hinder you, no?) no, i wanted to go there because it was hidden in the woods, far away from home. i would like to experience the twenty-minutes bus ride, alone with my thoughts, earphones, and scenery.

my second choice was the one downtown, that public high school my parents and their parents warned me to stay away from. the students there had a reputation of being reckless. it looked more like they're being taught to be the next generation's criminals. i thought of it to spite my family and to be with my childhood friend, who i sadly don't know anymore.

if i had my way, maybe i would've graduated from a different high school. maybe my life wouldn't be this messy. maybe i would've met you in a different circumstances.

but that night we met was one of the few things i wouldn't change for anything in this world.