Strangers No More

Start from the beginning

You fear this. This moment. Knowing of every part of your body will want to fight fight fight the melting of your heart and the pathetic crawl back to him. You couldn't do that to yourself. No matter what. I can't I—"I'm still in love with you," he painfully whispers.

You whimper in response. Tears flood open like the elevator doors of The Shining.

"I miss you so fucking much I-I, I love you I—" Oki steps to you and you hold on to every part of your sane mind. Shaking your head, you step two steps hastily back. "You can't do that. Not after everything," you say.

"I can't help what I feel."

"If you truly loved me you wouldn't have cheated on me. Many many many—" you cry when remembering your birthday, "On my birthday too? You don't fucking love me you bitch."

"I'm sorry."

"Fuck your apology."

He cries. You cry. He moves forward, you step back.

"I can't do this anymore? Pretend that I'm okay with moving on to another woman! I lay around, I kiss around, but it's not the same. I can't live without you. I can't!"

"Fix things with Taehyung," you mumble last. With that, you turn to walk away.

Oki curses. He whimpers and breathes in defeat, "I slept with Taehyung's ex-girlfriend three days ago."

Your watery eyes widen. You freeze.

[2 hours later]

Taehyung numbly stands in his apartment when Oki walks through the door. The night is late, the sky is dark. Oki's red eyes match Taehyung when the both stand in front of the other. There's nothing in the injured boy's gaze. Oki's is tired and upset, weight of what he did heavy. Both stand, knowing exactly what is not said out loud.

Oki glances away first and Taehyung blinks.

"I'm so sorry."

That validates what Taehyung already knows. The boy's eyes sting, but he doesn't cry anymore.

Not anymore.

He takes in a breath, whips his head back, and stands blinking up at the ceiling.

Oki throws himself at him, an embrace that is desperate but unforgiving. Taehyung doesn't return the hug, looking at the way the ceiling works up ahead. He wants to grab onto something, anything, anyone and cry.

But not Oki.

Not anymore.

Taehyung pulls away from him, sighs near his face, and moves around.

"Taeh—"

"No."

The walk to the main trashy lobby is slow. Taehyung drags his feet and gets eyes from a few that walk past him. Nothing fazes him. He's outside and shaking. The streets are dark, the keys to Jin's van are in his pocket. He wants to drive but not to a safe place. Moving the corner, he aims to punch the wall but withdraws with a sharp breath when a loud shout echoes into his ringing ears.

"WAIT WAIT!" A head ducks and hair flashes away from eyes before looking up. Taehyung stares at who he almost hit, and the water at his eyes freely leaves him once in the cold night.

It's you he stares at.

"What're you doing here?" He whispers. His heart races and it's because he almost attacked you on accident, nothing more.

"I convinced Oki to come and see you," your breath, eyes soft when seeing the tears in the boy's eyes, "He thinks I left as soon as I caught a ride with him here...but I couldn't leave. I wanted to make sure no one came flying out a window." You smile but it's sad.

Taehyung doesn't smile. It's like he's forgotten how.

"He slept with Ella."

Your smile falls. Taehyung's broken. He's shaking. He's not okay.

"Y-Yes."

"He fucking slept with her h-he," Taehyung's face moves into a crying state, his mouth tongue lapping and moving out drool that dangled to his shirt. His face looked terrible and you forced your eyes not to stare at his hurt on the exterior, but rather the more obvious hurt. What he tore apart inside. "I can't do this anymore, I-I can't go through all of this, I—"

Your heart hurt for him. Taehyung heaved in long breaths, chest shaking as he stumbles back and starts to walk towards the parking lot. In a panic and not wanting him doing anything stupid, your hesitant hand pinch the cloth of his shirt causing the boy to sharply turn.

"Please make it stop..." Taehyung bumps straight into you. You glance up at his eyes and see the desperation. Too close, you move back into the wall of the building to find that he only follows. "P-Please...please." He does it. He grabs on to something, anything, anyone.

Your breath shakes when he sinks into your neck. His arms go around your waist and the tilt of his arms bring you to stumble into the weight of his body. Eyes softening, he cries into your shoulder. You've never experienced such a tight hold from another before. Finding it hard to breathe.

"I don't want to be fucked up again." Taehyung snorts up the snot in his nose, rubbing the cold tip of his nose away from your shoulder and into your neck, hair, then temple. He blinks his eyes shut, holds your hips tighter, and whines. "I don't, I don't."

You breathe in cracks. The difficulty doesn't stem from his hold but rather...

Hands moving away from his chest that tried to push him off earlier, you move alongside the tenseness of his body and hug him back. Awkward at first, Taehyung's mouth lingers to the side of your temple when your arms lock around his neck soothingly.

"It'll be okay."

"No, it won't."

"Yes, it will be okay," you say gently, "It has to."

"I can't stay with Oki. Not right now, I'll go mad. I can't, I—" He sighs at your temple, his tears pour fast. You bravely move your hand to the nape of his neck and pet his hair. "You don't have to. It's okay," you reassure.

"I shouldn't be holding you, I'm sorry I'm—"

"It's okay."

Taehyung sinks his head. His tears drench your collarbone.

With soft eyes staring off into the parking lot, you look to Jin's hood and hug Taehyung greater. Less hesitation.

Oki watches from the building's exit/entrance. His eyes darting down and mind running wild in sad assumptions. He goes back inside without a fuss, head swooped low.

-
A/N: more light-hearted chapters coming up! Got the heat out the way! Great! You survived!...for now Mwhahahahaha.