Strangers No More

Start from the beginning

"I'm done with this dirty-ass pacifier," Jungkook grumbles as he turns. "Call whatever this was to be officially over. O.V.E.R. Over."

"Jun—"

Jungkook pushes through the door into the hallway, and over to the main exit.

Jimin is frozen behind. He hesitates for a moment when Taehyung gently calls his name. It's a beg. With slow eyes, Jimin looks back and finds Taehyung's anger back. He's overwhelmed, registering and about to cry. Normally, Jimin would stay back and comfort no matter how poorly he is treated afterwards or during. Not this time. With a cold, "Just be cautious," Jimin follows Jungkook's path out.

Taehyung rushes after the two but there's no use.

"Have a nice life Freddy Kreuger's uglier twin!" Taehyung doesn't need to see the face of this person to know who says it.

Watching his two friends go, Taehyung slams the door and paces. His fists are strong, his nails are digging. He wants to hurt something. He wants to hurt himself. Anger subdues to self-pity and sadness when he ends in a crouch by the corner of Hoseok's borrowed bed.

The information registers.

Taehyung cries until he's numb once again. Smiles lost.

[4 hours later]

Oki's in class. The same class where most of his time goes by staring at you sitting in the front row. Today, he stares at you feeling dirty. He's hurt from seeing Taehyung and you together, but now moreover what he did with Ella three days ago. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

"How many times do I gotta tell you? Stop staring at her," Khalil's voice sparks up. Oki glances away from you and at his friend. Khalil shakes his head, sighs and whispers, "You've got to get over that slut. Find a new honey, it won't be so hard."

Oki blinks. "What did you just say?"

"Find a new—"

"Before that..." the boy says through his teeth.

"Stop staring at her," Khalil stupidly replies.

Oki's teeth grit. He looks away from the boy and over to the teacher that lectures. "Don't call her a slut," is all he mumbles under his breath. Oki forces himself to remain calm.

"That's what she is though?" Khalil laughs. "She fucked around with your best friend...?" The boy shrugs as if he's justified the most casual statement in the world.

"What am I then?" Oki says. "Huh?" "What am I then? I cheated on her multiple fucking times, label me if she's gonna be dragged for one little fucking thing she fucking did—FUCK." Oki's lip twitches. He stops himself. His jaw hurts along with his head that starts to pound. A few people sitting around them hear his voice grow louder from a whisper.

Oki moves his hands into his face. He sees Ella, he sees himself. He sees you and Taehyung. Then Oki sees what he wishes to see, that one night with you with nothing but talking. You wore a Star-Wars shirt that dulled in its print, pajamas long and loose, afraid they'd fall off if he tugged too hard. With giggles every time he tried, you'd scold him and snuggle into his chest on the bed. His heart fluttered then, loud and fast and he didn't know what to do with you so close. Smiling, Oki remembered telling you everything that night. He even talked about his mother—a person he never spoke about. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Oki breaks out of the memory. His heart aches, his eyes water. He needs to leave.

Khalil leans back into his chair in response, eyes wide. "Yo...bro.......you good?"

With a toss of his pen that flings straight into the friend's oblivious face, Oki snaps, "I'm fucking perfect," before grabbing his notebook and bag. He walks out trying to be subtle but failing. The professor stops and watches him leave, while most of the students direct their eyes over.