0.4

Andi pov.

I sighed as I sat in front of my laptop going on youtube trying to cheer myself up, but its not working. I slammed the lid down and went to my bed laying on it.

It might seem stupid that he just said that about my name but its true. My name is stupid for a girl. I mean, who the hell names their kid Andy but with a I? Its stupid for me to be getting upset about it but I can't help it. The simple comment made many memories come flashing back. 

Throughout my school years I had gotten made fun of because I have a boy name. The jokes never stopped and neither did the teasing. Even my dad said it was a horrible name. How am I supposed to feel when I'm stuck with a name that everyone makes fun of?

I buried my head under my pillows and let a few of the backed up tears fall down my face, onto the blanket. After laying there for a while, I heard a slight knock on my door.

"Andi? I have pizza and a Dr. Pepper." I heard Alex say through the door softly.

As much as I wanted to take her offer, I didn't.

"No! I told you that I wasn't hungry." I heard her sigh and her footsteps disappearing.

I clutched the blanket in my hand and let out a sob. Things just never change do they?I should stop eating as much too. These people around here are gonna think i'm a fat ass. which I am. I always eat. I'm a failure. At everything. My name is even a failure. With the anger and sadness that was coursing through my veins, I took the closest thing to me and threw it across the room not even realizing that it was my phone. Groaning, I got back out the bed and walked over to my phone looking at it. Once I had flipped it over, I noticed the shattered screen gleam when the light from outside hit it.

Wonderful.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, trying to keep my temper calm. Taking the phone, I slid it into my back pocket knowing that later I would have to go either get a new phone or get my screen fixed.  As I was about to walk onto the balcony, I heard the sound of a soft tapping come from the other side of my bedroom door. The constant tapping was honestly bothering me because I told them to leave me alone, but I guess they don't understand that. Maybe if I don't answer and act like I am sleeping they will go away. 

They never did. The tapping continued and now a soft voice rang from the outside. It was too soft for me to point out exactly who it is so I just said whatever came to mind. 

"What do you want?" I snapped as I stood behind the door, leaning my head closer so I could hear better when they spoke. 

"Please come out, you know he didn't mean to say that.." Ricky's voice became a little louder so I could actually understand him. I took my hand and ran it through my hair, letting my locks fall around my shoulders. 

"It sure as hell seemed like he meant it, but don't worry about it I am used to being made fun of because of my name." I spoke out, leaving Ricky standing there as he thought about his next words. But I didn't wait for his reply before I shook my head and walked back towards the balcony.

"Please Andi?" I could now make out the sound of Sam's voice come through the door. Has he been standing there this whole time or did Ricky go and get him? I didn't bother answering anymore and simply slid the glass door open, letting myself feel the fresh air hit me in face. Sitting down, I reached over to the side table and grabbed a cigarette out of its pack and lit it up instantly. Now I usually don't smoke, but right now seems like a good time. 

I looked off into the backyard, seeing pool toys and random items scattered everywhere. I noticed random clothes hanging on the edge of the pool, cups sitting on the tables from the last time someone was outside. I even saw a broken watermelon in corner of the yard. Realizing the mess these boys make, make me wanna clean this whole house. I was in such a trance looking at our backyard that I didn't even notice Sam taking a seat in the chair that was placed on the other side of the balcony.