Episode Fifteen: The Mask

Zenshi Gardener looked left and right, holding a black cane under arm. She left the men's restroom, closing the door slowly. The mercenary whispered towards the door, "Come back to the room in ten minutes, okay?" Without another word, the girl balanced the cane, one of her legs wrapped in gauze. She's been in the hospital for eight days, and most of her bones had healed completely. Tonight, would be her last night if she promised not to move around too much.

Zenshi slipped into her dark hospital bedroom and sat the cane next to the bed. She looked around, not seeing anyone, and exhaled dramatically, "I think I'm in the clear." The woman pulled at her blanket, yawning, ready to take a nap.

"I've been waiting for you," Gardener almost fainted, clapping her hands so that the lights would turn on. In her bed was Trish, lying on the sheet with her hands behind her head and wearing her new medic garb – a green jacket that revealed a white tee underneath, lime gloves, a brown belt, black leggings, and red and blue sneakers. Red goggles rested on her forehead.

Zenshi covered herself suggestively, "Trish? Are you trying to get brownie points or something? Because it won't work!"

Beatrice rolled her eyes, "As if."

"You're right, it probably would work."

"No!" The apprentice rose up in the bed, scooting over, "You were out doing things you weren't supposed to, weren't you massah?"

Gardener blushed, moving backwards, causing her chest to bounce, "What? What on earth would make you think that? I'm the best-behaved samurai on this side of the European Union."

"Really? Then I reckon you wouldn't mind opening your gown so that I could get a look at what you're hidin' in that there shirt of yours."

"Umm," Zenshi placed her hands behind her back, something bouncing within her top once more, "I, uh, had a growth spurt?"

Trish rolled her eyes, getting up from the bed. Zenshi immediately tried to run way, but something stopped her from leaving. The mercenary shook her head and looked up to see a pink wall ahead of her. Beatrice was holding out a hand toward it, signifying that she had created it. The wall immediately collapsed.

Zenshi lifted an eyebrow, "Was that Heart Art: Steadfast Shield?" Higgins had ignored her and picked up two objects that had fallen from her master's gi.

Trish finally answered, opening one of the pudding cups and starting to eat from it, "You sent me a link to that there website about medical arts – or climaxes – for beginners. I reckon you promised me that you'd buy me a knife if I could learn one in the span of two days. And so, I did!"

Gardener coughed in her hand, "I guess a deal is a deal." Zenshi stood up and swiped the other pudding cup from her apprentice, "You did good, Blondie."

"Blondie? Givin' me a pet name won't change my mind! I like dick, dammit!" Trish giggled, "But you can keep callin' me that if y'all want to." She shook her head, sitting on the bed as her master joined her, "But seriously, though: I know y'all was ridin' the whole hog in that bathroom down the hall. And for what? A couple of puddin' cups?"

"Hey, don't knock the pudding cups here! They're delicious!" She continued slurping vanilla sauce from the container, not bothering to wipe her face, "Besides, it's not like it matters. What am I gonna do: Make my daughter pregnant while she's inside me? If it even is a girl."

Trish slid a finger into her cup, "Still, massah, you gotta at least try to be responsible. In less than a year's time, you're gonna be a mama. Well..." Trish looked down at her treat, "Unless y'all go ahead and send them to the clouds above like I suggested."