Thump! Thud! Another jump. Blinking and cursing over the rush of jolts that stream across his puffy cheek, Taehyung doesn't care to look in the mirror and see his state. He knows who awaits him, sighing, he says, "Jin, I'm seriously fine."

"You asked to come home and sleep when we went to the hospital for a check-up," Jin scolds from the outside. His voice is gentle even though his initial knock was not. "I'm finding it hard to believe that you might be following the doctor's strict orders. You're stressing out, I can feel it from here."

Taehyung doesn't say anything. He looks away from the squeaking mouse, stands to his feet and tumbles back for a seat. He cannot stand. His head spins. With a moan, its as if Jin knows what to do. Peeking his head in, the older friend walks over to the trap, picks it up without hesitation and crinkles his nose when leveling eye-to-eye with the rodent.

"I'll set you free outside you ugly ass," Jin mumbles, laughing and trying to ease the mouse that continues to squeak in fear.

With soft eyes, Taehyung hugs himself again. Jin leaves the room. The door is left open and Taehyung allows himself to glance across the hallway to Oki's bedroom door. He knows Oki isn't home. Why would he come after everything? But a distant part wishes Oki was, so Taehyung could speak to him. Not knowing what he'd say, Taehyung knew he wanted to say something...anything. He didn't want to lose another friend.

Moments later, Jin is back in Taehyung's room and the injured boy sighs exaggerated. With a cocked brow, Jin says, "Don't be showing me attitude in attempts to push me away. I get it, you're brooding and contemplating living right now yadda-yadda, but there's more to life than just social drama. You'll be bigger than this one day. Better."

Taehyung looks away. His chin is back on knees.

Jin sighs sits down to the edge of the bed and stares at Taehyung until the boy gets awkward enough to stare back.

"What?" Taehyung barks.

"What's on your mind?"

"What do you think?" Taehyung barks again.

"Ease up."

"I am."

"Good."

Silence strolls in before Jin sighs and whispers, "Yoongi and Hoseok send their respects."

"I like that they're not here. That's how it should be."

"So why? You can torment yourself with your thoughts alone?" Jin asks.

Taehyung doesn't say anything.

Jin licks his bottom lip, nods over the entire room when looking around. He took care of Taehyung the entire night and didn't care to leave for classes this morning. Even with the constant breaks, Jin stayed behind. It was progress that he was now in the bedroom instead of outside by Taehyung's closed door.

"I know it feels like the end of the world."

"What do you know?" Taehyung whispers. He's getting tired of being rude. His body giving out.

"A lot. You all make fun of my age, but I'm still growing and learning from mistakes." Jin purses his lips when he hesitantly grabs Taehyung's shoulder. Taehyung lets the touch happen. Jin smiles. "I may not understand what you're feeling exactly, but I get the overall atmosphere of despair."

"I'm a horrible friend."

"You were drunk and high."

Taehyung sighs, shaking his head, "That's not an excuse."

Jin nods. "It isn't," he says, "But it is a fact to consider when beating yourself up about it." Taehyung glares when Jin purses his lips from smiling. "Not funny," the beaten boy mumbles. Jin laughs, holds his fingers out to pinch and says, "It was a little. Come on. Laugh a little."