Newt Imagine: She Was Supposed To Be Dead! (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

"We are going to go look around in the other rooms. You guys okay staying here?" Frypan asked Newt.

"Uh, yeah. Sure. We'll stay here." Newt spoke. Winston and Frypan then left with flashlights.

[Insert your name here] looked around with her flashlight. She found a couple of scarves lying on a couch, almost like they were being displayed to be sold. She grabbed a grey one and a redish one. Walking over to Newt, she tossed the red one to him.

"A scarf?" He asked, looking at her in question.

"Never know when a sand storm will appear. You might not want sand getting caught in your lungs." She smiled. He looked at the scarf then back at her.

"How do you know so much?" He asked, a smile tugging at the corner of his lips.

"I've seen a thing or two." She shrugged, walking back off to where the couch was. It was silent for a moment before Newt spoke.

"Do you remember anything about when you were in the Glade?" He asked.

She sighed, trying to think. "From time to time. I won't remember faces or names very often, but I remember what that bloody Hell looked like. Can't get the images of the Grievers outta me head." She slightly laughed. "Who came up with calling them the Grievers?"

"Yeah, who did?" He asked, slightly laughing as well. He remembered that she had said the same exact thing when they were in the Glade. He still couldn't get over the fact that the love of his life was still alive but held captive by the very people who put both of them in the Maze. "How far is the Right Arm?"

"Depends," She picked up a black leather jacket and put it over top of her tank top. "If we leave tomorrow morning and keep moving, it's about a couple of days," She looked around at all of the items around her. "You'll travel through the city and past the bridge. After that, it's just a straight walk forward through the mountains. You'll recognize them when you see them."

"Aren't you coming with us?" He asked.

She shook her head. "After I saw what actually happens to those kids, I plan on breaking everyone of them out. The only person I want to share the fate of those behind that glass are the ones who created that entire experiment."

"What will they do if they take you down again?" He asked, standing up.

"As long as I get those kids out, that's all that matters." She turned to grab a small backpack. It was dark brown and similar to the one she had when she was a Runner. She stared at it for a moment, then quickly took it and walked away from the area she had been in.

Winston and Frypan walked back into the room, Frypan carrying a small bag. "What happened?" He asked.

[Insert your name here] pushed past them. "If you guys want to get to safety, I suggest getting all of your stuff together and we leave as soon as possible." Without another word, she disappeared into the dark.

Both boys turned to look at Newt. "What happened?" Frypan repeated himself.

"She's not coming with us." Newt responding. He felt his heart sank, and looking down he walked out of the room.

• • • • • • • •

She had walked into another room, this one bigger than the last but not by much. It had more furniture in it, a couple of beds and a couch or two. She hoped no one had followed her. Her mind was racing from memories that flashed by because of the small backpack she had retrieved.

She needed space to clear her mind. It was for a split second, but she saw the people she had known in the Maze. Coincidentally, they happened to be some of the boys she had broken out. She was torn between if she should stay with those she knew, or risked her life to go back and save others knowing that she would probably be shot down once again and hidden for more experiments.