Chapter 10: Reality hits hard

-credit to Cassey_0828  for the amazing cover!

After a dreadful hour of pulling my hair and touching my face Katie was finally done. I was wearing a white dress that reached mid thigh and paired it with my black pumps. Katie straightened my hair and kept my makeup to a minimum.

I looked in the mirror and I was shocked. I looked good, like really good.

"Thank you so much Katie. I look great."
I smiled at her gratefully.

"My work here is done and I must say I'm proud." Katie said proudly with a smile.

I laughed and agreed. We still had time since Dean was coming to pick me up in 10 minutes. We were talking when I heard the doorbell.

Katie went downstairs while I was still in my room. I was nervous and after calming myself down I went downstairs to see Dean in a black ripped jeans and a white T-shirt with his white air jordans. He was looking hot.

I stood in front of him slightly uncomfortable, because he was still checking me out with his mouth wide open.

"Hey." I said softly while tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. He snapped out of it once he heard my voice and smiled at me. He took my hand and lead me to his black Audi RS7.

"You look really beautiful Ivory." He said once we were seated in his car. I blushed at his words and thanked him.

"So where are we going?" I asked him curiously.

"We are going to my favorite restaurant and after that we'll go to the best ice cream parlor in town." He said grinning at me.

After 20 minutes we arrived at the restaurant called L'histoire. It was a nice and cozy looking place. We went inside and were seated.

After a few minutes we ordered our food. I got the steak with fries and a salad while he got the lobster mac and cheese. We both got a water to drink.

The food arrived and we were talking about everything that we thought of. So far the date was going great. I learned a lot about him and he seemed like a genuine guy.

I decided it was time to ask why he asked me on a date. I was scared for his answer, because I knew it was going to hurt.

"I have question and be honest Dean." I told him serious.

He looked at me and nodded and told me to go on. "Why did you ask me on a date?" I asked him eager to know.

He was taken back by my question, but recovered fast. " Because I have had a crush on you for a while now."

I knew it was a lie, because he was fidgeting in his chair and he looked uncomfortable with the question.

"I know that's a lie, come on you never spoke to me and you never tried to. I know that there's a specific reason you asked me out. " I said.