chapter 11

'' Don't you think that you are being too obvious? ''

'' That's because I look cool. ''

'' Okay, you kind of do, but that's besides the point. ''

'' It's not about blending in. You don't come far in our world if you always try to blend in. You have to make people envy and hate you. They have to want to be like you. How could you possibly get far if you are constantly just hiding in the shadows? There is only so much that you can do as a bystander, Somin, '' Baekhyun replied and showed me one of his signature dazzling smiles. He raised his glass and I narrowed my eyes before setting it on my tray. He didn't need anything for me to know that he wanted another drink and I had to do it if I didn't want to blow my cover. He winked at me and glanced at my exposed legs. '' Don't you think you should cover up your legs a little more? ''

'' Do I look too cool? '' I smugly asked and twirled around. I was wearing a short red and white pin up waitress dress and my hair was tied in two buns. There was even a tiny hat on my head and I already received a lot of comments about looking cute. The only one that didn't seem to like my outfit was Baekhyun. '' You said it yourself that I look the sexiest when I am wearing a waitress uniform. Don't worry, Baekhyun. I just learned a new move where you break someone's fingers just by using your pinky and I'm dying to try it on someone. ''

He wiggled his eyebrows and smirked in amusement. '' Oh, so were you just playing dumb when you were giggling at those old men earlier? ''

I leaned towards him and my eyes shined under the dim light of the bar. '' I just like to play in general. ''

The El Dorado bar was surprisingly quiet for an ordinary night in the middle of the week. It was only a couple of hours after Sehun's father passed away and I wanted to call everything off and stay with him, but my best friend insisted that he wanted to be alone. At first I thought he was just saying that, but he actually wanted the exact opposite, but after looking at him a little more carefully, I realised that he wasn't lying. He said he wanted to take a walk around his old neighbourhood, visit his mother's grave and mourn on his own. I told him that I would gladly come along, but he insisted he wanted to say goodbye to that part of his life by himself and that the two of us could meet up after midnight for some grilled pork, alcohol and bubble tea. I insisted for us to go to his favourite tent restaurant and he agreed to show up there, while I went to the other side of town and continued my revenge plan.

I wasn't completely sure how it happened, but somehow Baekhyun managed to convince me to take him along. At one moment he was annoying me over the phone and calling me back no matter how many times I hang up on him and the next he was by my side and I was holding him under his arm while we walked in to El Dorado together. He was in charge of looking for the police detective that I called with an anonymous tip of a big drug dealership that was supposed to happen here, while I was posing as a waitress and looking for the criminal myself.

'' That's funny, '' Baekhyun muttered and frowned with annoyance. '' By the way, how am I supposed to find this policeman? Do you know how he looks like? ''

'' Just go around the bar, meet some people and introduce yourself with 'I'm Baekhyun and I sell cocaine' and I'm sure that eventually you'll run in to him, '' I replied and grinned at the angry rich guy. Then my smile suddenly disappeared and my face got serious. I gazed at him with ruthless and cold eyes and he winced at the sound of my emotionless voice: '' How the hell should I know? Figure something out. You are the one who invited yourself to come with me, even if I clearly specified you that we aren't here just to get drunk. ''

'' How about getting drunk after this is over? '' he asked and leaned back on his seat.

'' Sorry, I have plans with someone else, '' I said and happily tilted my head left and right.