chapter 2

My father is in prison.

I still clearly remembered the day police barged in to our house, put him in handcuffs and dragged him away. I was only twelve back then and my mother had to hold me back because I was crying and trying to run after him. A week later she dropped me of at my aunt's house and disappeared out of my life forever. 

I didn't look for her, but I missed my father every single day and the hatred that I felt in my heart slowly began to grow. I wasn't completely sure of when it happened, but at one point I decided that I was going to get revenge for him. I had no idea how I was going to do it, but the person that put my father in prison was going to pay.

My narrowed eyes slowly went over the faces of the three guys that were standing in front of me.

Park, Do and Byun. 

The family of Park Chanyeol was famous for a lot of different reasons. His father was one of the most well known directors in South Korea and he owned most of the biggest television houses in Seoul. News broadcasting programs, high rating dramas and even documentaries about animals, all of them worked under him. Then there was also his mother, a famous fashion designer that had shows all around the world. Even his older brother was starting to get a lot of recognition for acting and I could faintly remember hanging out with him when I was still a child. His mother was friends with mine and sometimes we had playdates together.

Then there was Do Kyungsoo, the member of a family of musicians. His mother used to be a well known violinist once, then she retired from the job and opened numerous music schools all around the nation. His father was the owner of three huge theatres in Seoul, Busan and Gwangju. The whole family was rolling around in money, just like Chanyeol's. I didn't think they had any personal relationship with mine, except for his father, who was an acquaintance of mine and got us a free entrance and special seats every time him and I wanted to go to the theatre.

The third one in the trio was the one that I trusted the least. Byun Baekhyun was the son of the director of the biggest law firm in the country and a bank owner. My father met his only about half a year before the scandal happened and he got arrested, but the two of them quickly became best friends. He thought that mister Byun was going to help him and represent him in court. He was certain that he was going to save him from this mess, everyone was. Then mister Byun betrayed him and made sure that he was put in jail for twenty five years and everything he ever owned was taken away from him.

'' You shouldn't have followed us here, '' Byun Baekhyun spoke up and tilted his head to the side. The trio practically kidnapped me on my third day of school and dragged me to some kind of fancy bar. I was a bit surprised by their choice of place, then they took me one floor lower, where they had a private room just for themselves. There was a large table, comfortable sofas full of colourful pillows and an enormous TV. I was particularly impressed by the wall fountain on one side of the room. 

My gaze slowly moved between their faces. Baekhyun was standing in front of me and his arms were crossed on his chest, Chanyeol was sitting on one of the sofas and pouring himself some kind of alcoholic drink and Kyungsoo was watching me with his dark eyes. Was I supposed to be scared? 

'' Aren't you like three playboys that every girl wants? I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have to beg anyone to come here, '' I seriously muttered and fell back on my sofa. '' Why am I here anyways? Is this going to take long? I have to go home and do my homework. I am not rich enough to bribe the teachers like most of you do to get those As. ''

Baekhyun narrowed his eyes and frowned in thought. He was studying my calm and slightly bored face and trying to figure out what I was thinking. Another step closer and my gaze moved towards him. His smirk widened and he immediately realised that I didn't do well with strangers in my personal space. '' You are going to answer all of our questions. ''