chapter 14

The sunlight made me roll over and bury my face in the covers. I let out a deep sigh, only to realise that they smelled nothing like mine. They were a lot softer too and the bed itself was way too big to be mine. Now that I thought of it, there was no scent of breakfast or the distant sound of Sehun humming an messing around with the pots and pans in the kitchen.

Sehun.

My eyes snapped open, I sat up on the bed and I was instantly completely awake. I looked around in panic, not recognising the room that I was in and buried my fingers in to my messy hair. My head terribly hurt and memories from last night were slowly coming back to me. My hand slowly travelled to my neck and I touched the marks left by Baekhyun. Last night he kissed me and we almost did something very wrong together, then he abandoned me and right after that Sehun was taken by somebody. I was truly crushed, hopeless, absolutely devastated by the disappearance of my best friend and I was planning to drink until passing out under the rain, but then he showed up again.

This is not you.

Those were Baekhyun's words and as much as I hated to admit it, he was right. This cowardly person that drank to not think about her problems wasn't me. I was the type of idiot who stood up for herself and did something stupid to make things a little better and I was going to do everything that it'll take to get my best friend back. 

I glanced at my shirt and scowled. I was wearing one of Baekhyun's white t-shirts and baggy black shorts instead of my dress. I noticed it was laying over a chair that was set up by the window so that it could dry in the sunlight, then I jumped of the large and comfortable bed. I sleepily yawned and my face stayed dull and emotionless when I began gathering my things. This didn't look like the villa where mister Byun lived, but I still wanted to leave as fast as possible. I saw the images of Baekhyun kissing me and caressing my skin every time I closed my eyes and I cursed myself for giving in the temptation last night. 

I had no idea where the rich guy was and I was going to sneak out of the apartment before he would show up, when I caught a glimpse of him through the half closed bathroom door. I instantly froze in the middle of the empty kitchen and I couldn't help it but to watch his reflection in the mirror that was there. He was showing his bare back to it and it was covered with red and blue bruises. Baekhyun's eyes were narrowed in concentration, he was reaching behind him and trying to cover one of them with a large plaster. 

All of the sudden his gaze met mine and he instantly shut the door with his foot. It looked like he thought I wasn't going to wake up so soon and he didn't want me to catch him. A moment later the door opened again and he was wearing a shirt now. He leaned against the doorway, crossed his arms on his chest and stared at me with a serious expression on his face. '' You are leaving. '' 

It wasn't a question and he didn't even sound surprised. I sighed and adverted my eyes to the ground. '' Did he do it again? That was him, wasn't it? Your father? ''

Baekhyun scratched the back of his head and sourly smiled. '' Who else? It's almost funny that he gave me a bodyguard to protect me from other people, when he knows that he hurts me more than anyone else ever could. Why are you leaving, Somin? '' 

I clenched my fingers in to fists and quietly murmured: '' You know exactly why I'm leaving. I'm not doing this anymore. It's too difficult. ''

'' What is too difficult? '' he asked and frowned with confusion.

I glanced at him and bitterly said: '' Being with you. ''

'' Wow, would you look at yourself, jumping to conclusions and acting stupid again, '' he coldly replied and chuckled. We were both clearly going through rough times and taking it out on each other, but in that moment we couldn't see that very well. In that moment we were standing in front of one another and it was easier to blame the other person than yourself. '' Why are you suddenly like this? You know how I am since day one. ''