But they dissappear. They're unreachable. Only appears at night.

They gave my this calming feeling. Watching them makes my mind wander.

Stars were symbols of hope inspite of darkness.

“Doon sa kaliwa! Baril sa kaliwa!”

“Nanduon yung lalaki! Nagtago siya sa kabilang pillar!”
“Don't get too close, kid!”

“EXELLOOOR!”

I stopped my thoughts from thinking about that again.

“Stars... they're just fascinating to look at. Maganda, pero komplikado. They're important... symbols for me.”

Then I thought, was he like the starts in the sky?

Maybe. Or really.

That whole day, both of us just listened to songs from my phone. When he chose to look at the sky the whole time, this time, I chose to stare at him. To study all of him.

We were lying down on the grass, just feeling the song that he chose to listen to. I saw and heard him humming some of the lyrics.

“Kung hindi man tayo hanggang dulo, wag mong kalimutan, nandito lang ako, laging umaalalay, hindi ako lalayo... dahil ang tanging panalangin ko ay ikaw...”

His voice is beautiful, just enough. Calming, but cool. His black messy hair compliments his dark brown eyes, his nose, his strong jawline, his lips curved to be his signature childish smile. Even the uniform suits him. How I question the heavens, as of why giving me this kind of guy. I never thought this day would come. Well, change is constant anyway.

But I noticed one thing...

“I thought Marshall's Band only sings english songs?”

“Hmm... I like to experiment more... like what you always do.”

Like I always do?? “What do you mean by that?”

“Iba ka kasi mag-isip, I mean, not the other way around. You are... deep. Wide. Masyadong malalim at malawak, kaya siguro ganoon ka na lang magbasa ng expresyon ng tao. And having you as a sub-vocalist, kailangan na rin siguro ng pagbabago. I-I'm inspired by that. It's because of you.”

I have no words to reply. No other thing came up of my mind. As if I was mental blocked!

Suddenly, I felt my own heartbeats going fast, when his eyes went to mine.

“You affected me that much. And I never hated inch of it. I love it. At itong nararamdaman kong kasiyahan na kaya mong ibigay sa akin ay gusto ko ring ibigay sa'yo.” he said, sincerity was on his eyes. My breath just hitched, specially when he smiled childishly.

“Kaya naman, kung gusto mo yung mga bituin...” I saw him getting something from his pockets, “... gusto ko naman ng bubbles!” he excitedly said.

What?

My face probably looked like I just tasted a fruit of calamansi. I was... slightly... spaced out? I don't know if I'll laugh or not. O_O

Trying to compose myself, I finally had the voice to ask, “Why do you like.. bubbles?”

Before answering me, he blew the stick that would supposed to produce bubbles, and it did. I looked on the group of bubbles he just made, some of them already popping.

“When I was a kid, may nakita akong batang naglalaro ng bubbles... and I was so jealous... kasi hindi man ako masyadong pinapayagan ni papang lumabas. But... I got this one chance to sneak out and get one. Halos mangiyak ako sa saya noong makapaglaro na 'ko noon ng bubbles. Everytime a group of bubbles would pop, I would produce another one and try to pop them one by one. Then I realized habang tumatanda ako, masayang tingnan ang bubbles, but they dissappear. Just like how there is temporary happiness in this world. Just like bubbles, you can just... make another one if it dissappears... so, you can make your own happiness if ever one dissappears. Childish thing to say, huh?”