chapter 29

“You know, no one flosses anymore. It’s a rare attribute, y’know? Like if someone said to me, ‘yeah, I floss,’ I would be genuinely impressed.”

            It’s the only second time that I’ve seen Lennon rushing out of my dorm, running her hands through her hair and barely giving me a kiss on the cheek. It’s mornings like these that don’t give me anytime to think- with sweatpants barely over my hips and sleep in my eyes. “You don’t floss,” I remind her, leaning against the doorframe of the bathroom as she walks back into my room, grabbing her bag off from the floor.

            “Well, yeah, but if I did floss then I would probably brag about it all the time. Like, ‘date me, I floss’!” She giggles at that, glancing at me and then back at the floor. “But I bet you don’t care, you slob.”

            And, no. I don’t care. Because who the hell flosses?

            Still, I feign a gasp, “Lennon. I have high standards in my partner’s dental care. Do you think I’d settle for anything unhygienic?”

“Yes,” she laughs, walking over to the doorframe and standing on her tiptoes. Her hand meets my chest, pushing me back I’m leaning against the corner of the sink. “I think you’d do plenty of unhygienic things, Harry Styles. In fact-”

            I can’t help but lean down to connect our lips, swallowing her words. My hands automatically find her waist, just as she mutters, “Harry!” against my lips. Her fingers slide into my hair, though, chest against chest as she leans into the kiss. Part of me knows I’ll never be able to get over this- just the languid feel of the atmosphere and the way that she’s so soft.

            “Wait, fuck,” she mutters, head pulling away just as we start to deepen the kiss. “I have English in fifteen minutes.”

            Our chests are still pressed together, the touch burning as I slide my hands lower, going back to squeeze her bum. “Your class schedule is so fucked, Lennon.”

            She scoffs, finally stepping away back towards the door. “Well, yeah, but I can’t help that my professors have more of a life than me that they have to change the times every other class.”

            And she leaves me leaning against the counter, opening the door before I can even get another word in. “Bye!” she shouts, hurrying to slam the door.

            My stomach is left like that- churning from the pure loveliness of her and hungry from the slightest thought of food. Work doesn’t even start for another two hours, really, and maybe I should floss.

            I can hear Niall from outside the door, muttering about how really, I shoulda grabbed breakfast on the way out and Harry better have some fucking hot pockets.

            “Niall!” I shout in (false) glee as he enters the room with the spare key, slamming the door. I can see his reflection in the bathroom mirror- trudging over to the bed and falling down face first. Niall’s always been special in that way, taking advantage of every bed he can.

            “Please tell me that you haven’t had sex on this in the past 24 hours,” Niall’s muttered voice moans. “Actually, you know what, never mind. I don’t even care. I’m tired as fuck.”

            I come out of the bathroom to look at him, laughing and reaching for a button-down shirt laying on the ground. “Piper got you up all night, yeah?”