Chapter 2

I'll never understand that man but I don't wanna dwell on it more than I have too.

The sun hits my bed and face as it comes through the cracks of the window. By now it's eight and while I've been up for an hour I still haven't moved from my bed. Though as I'd like to stay like this all day I have to do things.

I get up and make my bed, running around my apartment getting ready before I eat and I'm out the door. I lock up and I hear my neighbors out and bickering in the middle of the hallway behind me.

"Ah hunny can you settle something for us."

I turn around and my neighbors Ms.Luck and Ginger stand there. Ginger is an out of state college student who's going to the near by college, while Ms.Luck is a widowed middle aged woman whom time can't catch.

I nod at them agreeing to at least heat them out.

"Ms.Luck and I are arguing over Roulette. I say that the people there are real people and have no scripts but she thinks it's the opposite. What do you think," she smirks at Ms.Luck. "It's totally gonna be mine."

"I kinda think it's both. They could be beginner actors and that's why no one really knows where they come from but about the script that's always open up for debate. They're real in a way but not all the way." I walk past them as I finish. I step in the elevator and as the doors close I hear them start up again.

Those people they never learn to shut up. They wanted my to settle their debate but none of them know my name nor really my face. Though only one who's ever looked me directly in my face and eyes is Lucy and the brave soul at work. Then again I really don't look at myself either.

My day is simple and mechanical. I go to the bank, store, and then out shopping for anything. I don't carry much back home as I didn't even buy that much but those three things took me the whole day to do. Before going up to my apartment I check my mail box. I stuff the five letters in one of my bags before going up. No point in checking here when I can do that safely in my apartment.

When I slide into my apartment I check the home phone which I only have if I don't wanna give someone my actual phone number. Playing devils advocate acting as if I don't have a phone. Odd someone called and left a message. I don't recognize the number at all. I play the message as I put my stuff down.

I listen closely but there's only silence and all at once my world comes crashing down. "Did you miss my voice? Probably not that's too bad. I got out baby and you know what that means I'm coming back like always. I'll see you Monday." The message ends with dead silence.

I fall to the ground in tears. He'll just never leave me alone. This is my living hell. No matter where I go he'll always fine me. This is the third time already! How does he keep finding me?

I climb across my floor and place myself on the couch. My hands tremble as I open my bags and start to arrange and place them away. Walking around is hard as my legs feel like jelly but i mange, they've felt much worse in the past.

I open each letter one by one. Three are bills, one is an advertisement and the last one catches me off guard. It's in a black envelope with a wax seal. The seal has the initials RG.

I open it carefully and inside is a letter.

Dear, Akuji
I am known to many people as the Host of a show you may know. Have you heard of Roulette? I'm sure you have as our popularity has sky rocketed. I would like for you to join us. Now you don't have to necessarily be the one on camera if you don't like but I crave for someone like you to be on the team. Will you accept my invitation? There's a key in the envelope with a time you shall need to appear before the gates. I do hope you know where we are located if not I'm sure you can look it up. Just flash them that key and it'll be easy sailing from their. About your belongings I'll send my crew back to where you live if you really want something but I doubt it as your apartment comes decorated for you already. I do hope you join us Akuji, Roulette accepts you with open arms.

        -From a hopeful and delightful Game Host

I take out the key and drop it. Its the black key. Except it's different from the ones you see online. It has the same initials that was on the letter. I pick it up and on the other side it marks the following date: Sunday 1pm.

Is this a gift from heaven or hell I wonder. I don't debate on it for long though. I know what I must do. I will join the Roulette Game.