Chapter 16 ~ The big bad battle (part 2)

Third person POV

Sigma brought his sword down hard on Lucifer. Lucifer easily blocked it.

"That was very reckless of you Sigma. Tsk tsk tsk. I'm disappointed." Lucifer taunted. Sigma growled.

The battled on for a little while longer before Lucifer spoke again.

"You call yourself 'Prince of the Universe' and 'Commander of Chaos' Army', but you're nothing but a spoiled brat! You can't even use all of your powers because you'll lose control of yourself. Just like last time." Lucifer growled. "You. Are. Pathetic. Just admit it, I'm more powerful."

"I won't."

"What? Why not? You've already lost to me again. What's wrong with doing it once more."

"You're stalling."

Sigma looked around and noticed it was only him and Lucifer now, Lucifer was stalling after all. All the monsters and enemy warriors were either killed or captured.

Sigma retreated to where Luke and the rest of the army was standing. Lucifer sat down at the top of the hill. Like he knew what was coming. He probably had an idea.

"We have to do it." Sigma said as soon as he knew Luke could hear him.

"No! I can't lose you again. What if you actually die this time." Luke stressed.

"Please TM! It's the only way I'll be able to defeat him now. My energy is almost all gone, if I do anything with my powers I'd probably die anyway." Sigma reasoned.

"I don't know." Luke said, still uneasy about it.

"You'll be able to put up a force field around us so I don't hurt anyone and afterwards I'll probably pass out from being exhausted. Please Luke." Sigma pleaded. Not caring he used Lukes real name right then.

"Fine." Luke sighed. He pulled down his hood, earning a gasp from Annabeth and Thalia as they figured out who he actually was. Luke reached down under his shirt and pulled out a chain necklace. It didn't look like anything special to the demigods, but the army held their breath and shifted nervously. Suddenly, Luke yanked the chain, causing it to break.

Sigma screamed as wisps of colour flowed into his body, only one went to Luke who immediately put a big force field around Lucifer and Sigma.

Sigma screamed more and withered in pain. Infernum watched worriedly from Luke's side. Lucifer started walking towards him. A sick grin on his face.

Suddenly Sigma stopped screaming and withering in pain. He stood up with a vacant expression on his face. His hood and mask had been taken off when Sigma was on the ground. The demigods gasped.

"Percy!" Annabeth shouted. She started crying. Jason and the other knew better though, this wasn't the Percy they knew.

Sigma's eyes were glowing. Literally. Wisps of green energy sparked off of them ever once and a while. Lucifer's steps falters, but he shook his head and walked forwards once more.

Sigma growled like a wild animal and brought out his sword. Lightning flashed in their force field. Lucifer's mouth turned downwards into a snarl, his eyes started to glow a bit as well. Suddenly a spell was sent at Sigma.

It hit him, but his body absorbed the magic, leaving him with little damage. Sigma kept advancing, while Lucifer seemed to be slowing down a bit. Almost like he was scared.

Sigma swung his sword before chucking it at Lucifer. This proved ineffective. He growled and stuck out his hand, and suddenly his sword was materializing in it.

Lucifer brought out his sword and ran at Sigma who did the same. Their swords clashed and sparks flew. Sigma's eyes glowed brighter momentarily, and a flash of lighting was brought done on Lucifer.

Lucifer hissed in pain and growled out a healing spell for himself, since it was more powerful when said out loud.

Sigma was growing tired of his seemingly endless sword fight with Lucifer. Sigma suddenly teleported behind Lucifer, who stumbled forwards, and brought his sword down on him. Lucifer quickly rolled away, making Sigma's sword hit the ground instead. Sigma growled and ripped his sword from the ground.

Luke was noticing that Sigma was becoming more and more uncontrollable, like he always does when he has all his powers available. It was because when Sigma was born, his mother was already weakening. So Sigma's mind can't handle having all his powers stored in his body. It makes him uncontrollable. Which is where the necklace comes into play, it stores Sigma's more unstable powers. Sigma then gave the necklace to Luke, who is the protector of it. When Luke breaks the necklace, Sigma gets his powers back, and Luke gets a power that creates forcefields powerful enough to contain Sigma (as an extra precaution). Chaos is the only being alive now that can put Sigma's powers back into the necklace, so they do this sparingly. Well that and the reason Sigma could die.

Anyways, back to the fight.

Sigma was using his powers all over the place. Rocks were flying, rain was falling, lightning was flashing, tornadoes started to take shape, fire raged, beams of plasm were being fired, shockwaves were being sent out. It was truly chaotic, and Lucifer could only rapidly fire spell to protect himself at this point. Everyone could tell Sigma was winning. Or at least they hoped. The army knew not to be so hopeful, this exact thing happened last time.

Only this time there was something that the army didn't know. Not even Luke.

Sigma was trapped in his own mind now, barely in control of his own body.

Lucifer was getting weaker. He wasn't in his own body, which limited his strengths.

Sigma, or whatever it was, kept firing at Lucifer, sending surges of power to try and knock him out.

Lucifer was desperate now. He started hiding behind rocks and putting up force fields to escape Sigma's powerful attacks. He tried to muster up and powerful spell, but he was too tired.

Finally Lucifer had had enough. He brought out his sword and launched at Sigma. Sigma brought out a new sword, this one shimmered and glowed with an unnatural light. They changed at each other, each hoping to overpower the other.

The fought viciously. Swords clashing, spit flying, wind blowing. It seemed to go on forever.

Then, all of a sudden, Sigma disarmed Lucifer. Lucifer's sword flung off somewhere and landed with a faded 'thunk'. He looked scared and helpless. And for the first time in a long time, Luke felt almost bad for him (but not really [he really doesn't {not at all}]). Sigma smiled wickedly. He brought his sword down on Lucifer and went straight through his heart. Lucifer gasped and grabbed his chest. Then a wisp of something grey flew from his body and into the sword. Sigma lifted the sword and slowly kneeled down. He placed a hand over where Lucifer's heart was and light flowed from his hand into Lucifer.

And the Lucifer's body was transforming. His clothes changed into torn up rags, his hair went from purple and shimmering to black with dark red tips that was short at the sides and long at the top, his eyes-though no one could see since they were closed-went from pitch black pits to normal amber coloured ones. Gasps and whispers broke out amongst the Army. The demigods were clueless as usual.

"Is it really him?"

"I think I'm seeing things."

"Is this one of Lucifer's tricks?"

"What the Chaos?"

"No way!"

"This is plot twist."

Then Sigma abruptly fainted, or would have been funny if not for the fact he could be dying, Luke brought down the barrier and the Army quickly ran to see Sigma and Zac.

~*~
A/N

Well I'll leave that there.

Thank you and goodnight.

I only have the epilogue left, then it's time for the sequel! I am very excited for it, you may or may not have noticed that.

~Serena~