Shut Up and Dance-Kiawe x Reader

[Requested by Fandomz_Fangirl! I hope you like it!

 Okay, so here's where reading this gets tricky. 

The itallic is the song playing

 The bold is one or the other of you singing along with the song. 

 The underlined is both of you singing]

 [Kiawe's P.O.V.]

 My girlfriend and I are at a party at Aether Paradise. Moon convinced Gladion to host an 80's themed party, and I honestly love it. Well, other than how long it took Y/n to get ready... *sigh* So much hairspray..

 She does look beautiful though, but isn't she always? She turns to me as one of her favorite songs comes on.  She rushes over to me, grabs my arm, and pulls me onto the dance floor. As we dance I find myself relating the song to my realtionship with Y/n.

"We were the victims of the night

The chemical, physical, kryptonite

Helpless to the bass and the fading light

Oh we were bound to get together

Bound to get together"

 We tend to go on dates at night, because of our jobs. We enjoy the night air just as much as we enjoy each other's company. She is my ultimate weakness, my kryptonite. It doesn't matter what it is she wants, it's hers. I would give her anything and everything.

 We just continue dancing as the bass plays and the lights fade. She smiles at me and I spin her. This is as perfect as anyone could imagine.

"A backless dress and some beat up sneaks"

 I look at Y/n again and chuckle as I realize that's exactly what she's wearing. I do vaguely recall her telling me she was going to take inspiration from this song.

"My discotheque Juliet teenage dream"

 Dressed perfectly for an 80's party, she is my Juliet, and practically the definition of my teenage dream girlfriend.

"I felt it in my chest when she looked at me

We were bound to be together

Bound to be together"

  She looks up at me again, giggling. My heart beats faster every time our eyes meet. Maybe it wasn't by chance that we met?

"Deep in her eyes

I think I see a future

I realize this is my last chance"

 As the song continues to play, I realize that she really is the perfect girl for me. Our meeting wasn't chance, it was destiny! I see a future with her, a long and happy one. Another guy could easily swoop in and steal her heart though. 

 Maybe it's time to... I mean, we are 18 now...

"She took my arm

I don't know how it happened

We took the floor and she said"

 I laugh aloud because this is exactly how she got me out here.

"Oh don't you dare look back

Just keep your eyes on me"

 She sings along with the song.

"I said you're holding back

She said shut up and dance with me

This woman is my destiny

She said oh oh oh

Shut up and dance with me"

 We sing together. I can tell she is loving every second of this.

"Oh oh oh shut up and dance with me

Oh oh oh shut up and dance with me"

We both start laughing as the ending notes are played. I wrap my arm around Y/n and lead her to to the balcony. I use my other hand to grab a little black box from my back pocket. I take it with me everywhere, waiting for the right time. I think it's finally time for me to make her mine.

[Sorry it's been a bit since I've posted, but I've been super busy with school. I will be for the next couple of weeks as well because I only have 6 or 7 weeks of it left. I hope to be on a lot during the summer. Fair warning though, I will not be on at all from June 24-June29 because I will be at summer camp. Where I go for summer camp they can see everything you search, and I'm not entirely sure they would allow wattpad. So that's why.

 Ta ta for now :P!]