Chapter 11

Riya's pov

2 weeks later

''Maa are you sure your ok? '' I asked Maa  looks a little pale,  and last night she was restless. She didn't even eat properly.

'' Yes My  baby,  I am fine you don't have to take leave from office,  and I promise if i don't feel good I'll l call you '' she said patting my cheeks, I made sit comfortably on sofa and put her favorite Tv show on.

'' Ok no doing any work, you are going to rest all day, and call me if you feel restless again ok'' I told her,  she nodded immediately giving her a  quick kiss on her head I left for office.

'' Morning Akash'' yes I call him Akash, he told  me to do so  after that night, and  he also kept his promise and drop me home every day,  I denied it but he won't listen so i gave up. He is very stubborn.

'' morning Riya, you are late by 10 minutes " he glared at me i mouthed a sorry to him as I place his coffee on table

"well I need your help in arranging the files properly, they are mess , but before you start just get me a coffee....ooo you already bought it!! '' he said going through the files which where shattered all over the table.

I giggled as he groan and literally jumped out between the files and slump on his chair, he started sipping the coffee.

I started to sort the files.

There was a knock on his cabin door and Aman entered In ge gave a file to Akash to get it signed.

'' hi riya how are you? ''  he asked me quietly while Akash was busy reading and signing the papers.

'' Aman '' ,  i said smiling at him i was above to reply but stopped by Akash.

'' Riya,!! "Akash boomed startling me as the file slip from my hand. " stop your chit chat and get to work, bring me those files in upper shelf'' he said rudely.

What is it with him today,  i thought, shaking my head I glance at Aman and he gave me a look which says the beast is back. I suppress a giggle and  got to work i was struggling to get the files from the shelf as my 5'3 figure didn't allow me to reach up there.

I was now standing on my tiptoe but still can't reach there.

Suddenly i felt presence behind me,  i was above to turn but stop when Akash lean closer to me and whisper in my years.

'' do you real think that your tiny hands are going to reach up there Riya'' he said amusing stone.

I huff and turned around but it was my mistake because now i was trapped between him and the shelf.

bitting my lips, i glare at him ''  my height is fine Akash the shelf is high ''  i said

'' really,  because i can reach it easily ''  he said and just to  prove his point lift his hand stepping more closer to me removed the files.

He was looking at me and smiling,  more like mocking me,
'' well your height is like coconut tree '' i said and felt my face head up,  shit..! shit..! i didn't just say that god someone just kill me.

And then i heard it... The most beautiful laugh,  i raised my head and saw Akash laughing,  his eyes had became tiny and he was shaking also,  a smile came to my face seeing this.

I never seen him laugh,  well i can make fool of my self if this is the reward i get,  i just pray that he smiles more often,  he looks so handsome.

My thoughts were interrupted by Akash '' God riya what was that,  i mean seriously my height is fine you here is tiny what are you 5 feet? '' , he said still laughing.

I glared at him muttering 'stupid tall people,  coconut tree.'

''ok Riya back to work now '' he said chuckling.

After  maybe few seconds i heard it again, 

''Ok that's it i am going to my cabin i can't work here with mean people ''  i said and rushed to get away from him.

I heard him calling my name and chuckling but just ignored and got at my desk,  i knew if i stay there he is not going to concentrate on work.

After an hour later i got call and the number was unknown.

''hello ''  i said ' Riya i am your neighbor Mrs mehta speaking your grandma is been admitted in city hospital please come soon'' she said.

And my world came crashing down i drop my phone and stood up 'no no no i have to go have to goo..  Ma..  Is in nothing is going to happen i should have not let here be alone.. God let her be ok please '  i was shaking  very badly i was not understanding what to do.

I ran towards Akash cabin ''  Akash ''  my voice came out in whisper almost a verge of crying.
'' Riya what  hap... ' i didn't let him finish '' ma is in hospital i have to go ''  i said and ran out to catch a cap to hospital.

On reaching the hospital i found out that ma had a heart attack and now she was in ICU i was totally  broken.  Sitting in hospital chair outside ICU room i hugged my self praying to god. To not take away the only family I have... She was my rock I don't know what I will do if i loose her. I cried harder.

Then few minutes later i heard some one call me i turned to look at my left to find Akash standing at  distance.

I don't know what came over me but  i just ran towards him and hugged him sobbing into his white shirt. He was here and it somehow made me believe that everything is going to be ok.

His hands instantly came around me hugging me more tightly he started to whisper smoothing words  to clam me down. And it did.. He kept on telling me that he was with me and nothing will happen to Maa. And i believe him.

He carried me to chairs still hugging me,  he sat me down on one of the chair and sat beside me

' Riya' he called out and i sobbed more, '' Akash ma.. ''  i said in trembling voice i was not able to speak without crying out.

Akash pulled me closer and cupped my face ''  Riya heart, I promise your maa is going to be alright I'll hire best doctor in world stop crying baby,  I can't see you like this please... ''  he said rocking me back and forth while he hugged me.

I don't know what i have been doing without him just his presence and word's were enough to make me strong.

We sat there for an hour or so,  when doctor arrive ''  Ms Riya your Maa is stable  for now but there are changes of such situations again she is getting old and the medicine are not quite working on her I  hope you understand, ''  he said i felt numb ''  just take care of her right now she is sleeping due to heavy dose,  you can go inside.

I looked at Akash ''  go ahead I'll just have a talk with Doctor, " nodding at him I  took a deep breath and opened the door.

There laid with all kinds of wires and tube my Maa. she looks pale and fragile. A sob escaped my mouth,  seating  on chair near her bed i took her hand in my hands they were cold not warm like usual, tears ran down my face.

'' maa, "I chocked" I am so angry at you.  ''  I cried ''  please wake up i need you,  i know you don't like hospital lets get home fast ''  i said trying to control my sob which were increasing by each passing minutes.

'' baby doll'' suddenly came a voice from door,  i know this voice what is he doing here.

There he stands Ragav

''Missed me doll? ''

*******************************
Please vote and comment

Take care..