Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Roman POV

Storming off probably wasn’t the brightest response to the situation, as Ava was most likely confused about what just happened – who could blame her though? She doesn’t understand the high temperament of wolves and the protectiveness they hold over their mates. I mean how was I supposed to be prepared for another wolf from my pack trying to make a move on my mate. Just thinking about it pisses my wolf off.

I head towards the village, with the full intention to go straight home so as to make sure I don’t take out my anger on any innocent humans.

However I got too lost in my own thoughts - picturing my beautiful mate and her adorable smile, her sarcastic remarks and all the other parts of her that I now realise make her the perfect mate for me. Somehow I ended up going in a full circle and back on myself, returning to the end of an alley situated between two buildings.

I was about to continue on my journey home without a second thought on the couples business, but was halted when I felt the fear and anger building in the alley. It radiated so strongly that I couldn’t even control the growl that escaped me, attracting the attention of the male who just smirked and disappeared with a speed not far off from that of a wolf.

That’s when it all clicked, the girl in the alley was my mate, my Ava; who look disturbingly like she had just seen a ghost…

Ava POV

The concrete pressed roughly against my back, my throat aching from the pressure of this man’s arm holding in place against the wall.

“You have the wrong girl. As far as I know, my dad is dead.” I all but wheezed out.

My response seemed to have caught him off guard, but I’m just hoping that I’m right and this psychopath isn’t my father.

“Is that what Siobhan has been telling you? Why am I not surprised? Maybe I should pay you guys a visit, jog your mothers memory a little.”  That struck fear right into my core, I was not about to let this son of a bitch turn our lives upside down, I wouldn’t let him.

“Over my dead body.” I argued, causing a smirk to crawl onto his face.

“Trust me baby girl, whilst in the company Roman Hunt you’re a dead girl already. I couldn’t be more disappointed in your choice of company by the way.” How the hell did he know about me and Roman?

“Do you seriously think I give a FUCK about what you think? You must be crazy! You are nothing to me; I don’t need or want your approval!” I could feel anger bubbling inside me, which was doubled by the fact that he still forcefully held me up against the wall.

Instead of retaliating in words, my ‘father’ slapped me around the face, hard, causing pain to surge through my cheek, causing me falling to the ground clutching my cheek in fear.

He came towards me and yanked on my hair, releasing only once I was in a standing position, ignoring my yelps of pain.

“You should count your day’s child, being associated to their kind puts a bounty on your head. And that’s a bounty I plan on collecting.” I couldn’t breathe, just trying to understand what he had just said took a few moments to  process, but as soon as I made sense of it, he had vanished.

Replaced with none other than Roman Hunt.

It's really short sorryyyyy! But I thought it'd be better than nothing hey? 

So what did you think about Ava's father, any guesses on why he's quick and strong....? ;) 

Let me know what you thought below XxXxXx