Chapter 9

Ok so Ava behaved in this chapter - well kind of... Enjoy!!

Chapter 9

The car was filled with an unsettling silence, although strangely it wasn't awkward at all. The passing fields were barely visible as we sped down the vacant roads, Roman's knuckles whitening with the intensity of his grip on the steering wheel. I couldn't help but look at him in awe as his muscles flexed as his grip, once again, loosened on the wheel.

My heartbeat seemed to increase as my eyes raked over his face, which was set in concentration as though he was having an inner battle on whether to return my gaze. My eyes travelled to his dark hair, which had been styled naturally by the frequent contact from Roman's hand.

I wouldn't be surprised if I was drooling right now, as hard as I tried I just couldn't tear my eyes away from the man in front of me. But as much as I hate to admit it, I really didn't want to.

"Ava, will you stop." Roman snapped, his voice strained, I must have been making him uncomfortable. Well that definitely brought me out of my daze.

Shaking my head to remove the inappropriate thoughts flying through, I muttered a small "Sorry," the heat beginning to creep up into my cheeks.

Roman released a low and almost inaudible growl, causing my already unstable heart to skip a beat - leaving me to completely overlook the animalistic behaviour.

"I didn't mean to make you embarrassed, but when I feel your eyes on me- you don't understand the amount of restraint I have to use not to take you right here." His voice was husky and low, so I couldn't doubt the truth in his words, but the thing that surprised me was how my body longed for his restraint to crumble.

My hormones were all over the place; part of me wanted to tuck and roll out of the car just to get out of this situation, and the other (larger) part wanted to jump his bones where he sat. I settled for staying completely and freakishly still. 

Before I knew it we had parked outside a building called "Suzy's Diner," on the other side of town. I turned to Roman, only to be greeted by an empty seat, what the hell? Panic began to set in, causing a terrified squeak to leave my lips when my door was swung open.

"Hey! Ava! Relax it's just me!" Roman's voice was still husky, but the reassurance present put my heart to rest, and effectively stopped my flailing arms.

"God Roman, you almost gave me a heart attack! You can't just sneak up on people!" I exclaimed with a resounded sigh.

"You coming inside, or do you want to just sit out here all night?" He shrugged his shoulders, and began to turn away from me without waiting for my answer.

"Roman! I don't have any shoes! I can't exactly race after you." I called to his retreating figure, muttering "asshole" under my breath, confident that he couldn't hear me at this distance.

I positioned my body so that my legs were dangling outside the door, keeping my eyes on the ground, only to find my view blocked by the, not so happy looking, Roman.

"Come. On." He ground out. I wonder what crawled up his butt in the past five seconds.

I gestured towards my feet; I swear this boy is deaf.

In a matter of seconds I went from being sat comfily on the car seat, to being hauled over Roman's shoulder, once again I may add.

"Really, Roman? You couldn't at least give me warning this time?" I exclaimed.

"Well maybe you should watch who you call an asshole next time." He retorted. Well that serves me right.

"In my defence you weren't supposed to hear that." I said as we walked through the shop door, greeted by a woman's cheery voice.