Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Feeling a cool breeze on the bottom half of my body caused me to stir. I kicked my legs around aimlessly, trying to find the cover that I was sure was there when I fell asleep.

After futile attempts to retrieve the warmth layer, I gave up and opened my still sleep-filled eyes begrudgingly. Evidently I had moved around a lot last night, as my blanket was now positioned horizontally across my body, leaving my top half covered and the bottom half exposed to the cool breeze coming in from my now open window.

I don’t remember leaving that open last night…

I literally rolled out of bed, and landed with a thud on my bedroom floor, simultaneous to the loud buzz coming from my alarm clock. I leapt up in the air and slammed the snooze button, but not before seeing the time; 7:45am ALREADY!?

I ran to my window and shut it, trying to preserve some of the lost heat from last night. I then ran into the bathroom, not bothering to shut the door since my mom and brother had already left for work. 

After quickly brushing my teeth and getting toothpaste all over the place, I went to run back into my room, but stubbed my little toe on the door frame.

“WHY?! Ow, ow, ow, ow,” I cried as I hobbled back to my room.

I flumped onto the stool next to my dressing table, and cradled my foot, pulling it all the way up to my chest. 

“Stupid. Ok it doesn’t hurt, it doesn’t hurt.” I repeated, trying to ignore the throbbing pain in my foot.

It took me approximately six minutes to put my make up on; just a bit of foundation and blusher, nothing excessive. Proceeding to the wardrobe, I pulled out a long sleeved white crop top, and light blue skater skirt, and hurriedly threw them on. 

Sliding my white converse on, I pulled my grey coat on, (it had a thin material, seeing as the weather wasn’t particularly bad today), and grabbed my bag from the corner of my room, just in time to hear the doorbell ring.

I swung the door open revealing the regular presence of Dom, coming to take me to college. He was one of the assistant teachers for PE, I don’t know how he got it since he only just finished college himself, but I figure its best to just not ask.

“Ready to go?” He mocked, it is a very rare occurrence that I actually get up on time.

“I am actually!” He just laughed and walked back towards his car. I picked up my phone and house keys and closed the door behind me, hastily chasing after Dom whilst casting paranoid glances to the woods bordering my garden.

I wasn’t sure why, but for the first time in my life I felt drawn towards them, like I needed to enter those trees for something, but that thought alone scared me, causing me to hurriedly jump into Dom’s convertible (one of the perks of having a job at my school I guess), and close the door behind me.

We parked in our usual spot around the front of school, and climbed out. Dom pretty much ran through the main doors to make his way to the gym as he was meant to be in earlier than the students, leaving me in the parking lot.

Not wanting to stand alone, I walked over to where I saw my best friend Ciara talking to Chris.

“Hey guys.” I greeted them both with a hug, and then turned my attention to the blue dip dye in Ciara’s naturally white blonde hair.

“O – MY – GOD! I love it!” her grin stretched from ear to ear,

“Me too! Mom had a hissy fit when I got it done, but oh well its staying!”

“Am I the only one who thinks she looks weird?” Chris had to ruin the moment, and his comment earned him a slap upside the head from our other girl-friend Chloe, who had just made her way over.

“Shut it you, she looks hawwt.” She retorted, making her way to my side.

“Not as hot as you Ava,” Nick joined the group.

“Ahh shush you idiot,” I played along, Nick uses compliments on me because he knows it will make me blush. I guess my embarrassment amuses him.

“Just stating the obvious babe,” He added with a wink

“Im not your babe,” I could feel my face heating up and the feeling of someone watching me didn’t help. I wouldn’t allow myself to turn around, because deep in the pit of my stomach, I already knew who it was...

“Not yet you’re not…” it was evident in his expression that he was joking, but clearly the pair of eyes didn’t appreciate the comment as i heard a low growl coming from behind me, resulting in me turning and finding a not so happy Roman on my heels...

“Not. Ever. She is MINE.” Roman all but growled out, causing me to jump at his surprise presence. My group of friends seemed surprised to why a stranger had just got involved, but they were a lot more surprised when he forcefully held the back of my head and crashed his lips to mine.

The heat and desire spread through my body immediately, and it took all I had not to moan out loud. This kiss was different to our last one, it was more urgent, he was completely dominant, and it was only when he tried to get me to open my mouth that I remembered where we were, and pulled away.

But before I could, he intertwined his hand with my own and I wasn’t exactly complaing since i could feel the familiar sensation coursing through my arm.

“Well hellooo hotty!” Chloe started,

“Who are you?”

“How did you meet?”

“Why didn’t you tell us you had a boyfriend?!”

“Why are you blushing?”

“Where can I get one?”

Well since he caused the questions, he can answer them.