39

Fallon looked down at the tin box of keys like it was a box of gold. A certain key caught her eye, and she couldn't believe it. It was the key to an AV-Viper, the massive, armored vehicle was basically a moving home, complete with bullet proof glass, gunner turrets and gigantic tilling grinder wheels to overcome any terrain. She glanced at Avis who was smiling at her like he always did, and she quickly palmed the key as she grabbed the key to the Dune, letting the Viper key slip into her sleeve. If there was one thing that she could thank Pilot for, was teaching her how to pickpocket.

Leo's eyes focused back on the land ahead of him as they traveled away from The Order. The Viper was in good shape for a vehicle, he was thankful for that. Hawk, Fira, Venner and Gideon all sat down behind him, listening to the story of the experience Fallon had endured. They all fell silent as they all wanted to go into the back area to console a weak and traumatized Fallon. Faris even scratched at the door, whining so he could comfort his master.

Fira looked at Venner's blood-stained hands and stood up to get a cloth and water, she knelt in front of him and kindly started to wash his hands.

"What are you doing, young one?" he asked curiously. He almost pulled away from her touch but then seeing her innocent face made him ease himself. Fira said nothing and just kept wiping off the red blood off his hands. Venner chuckled at how kind and careful she was with her touch, "You remind me of my daughter, Fira."

She looked up at him with those kind, fiery eyes of hers and smiled sweetly, "I do?" she asked, a little surprised. Venner nodded at the young girl, watching her appreciatively. "Clara used to do this whenever I came home with injured hands from doing hard work in Desolate. She used to clean my cuts n bandage me up."

"Where is she now?" She asked. Venner sighed and shook his head. "I don't know, Fira. I guess this is a grand attempt on finding her." He spoke. Fira frowned a little, a caring and yet melancholy expression spread across her face. "I hope you find her, Venner."

Her words were so refreshing and sweet, so kind. It was a rare thing to see among the suffering people of Elysium and he was thankful for the caring nature of the young girl. Once Fira had finished her job, he felt clean and less burdened. He sighed and laid back in his bunk compartment, feeling at ease.

Fira sat next to Gideon, and he leaned towards her, "How did you get from Desolate to Ecula?" He asked. Fira nodded and met his eyes. "That woman who had tried to protect me from you, she brought me here and I have been a part of The Order ever since."

Gideon looked at her in despair, "How did you- "

"There are not many hiding places in The Order, but every Luminescence I tried to make sure no one found me." She looked down at the floor in shame. "Some didn't find me...some did." She said with a sober tone in her voice. She had even fallen victim to The Order. Gideon, though he was merely a machine, felt something for his Fira. The last time he saw her was when she was a sickly little girl and now, she was young woman. He felt a warm feeling and yet a somber one at the same time.

There was no doubt that Fira was a survivor, and she endured the Luminescence over and over again. If Gideon had a beating heart...it would break.

"It is so nice to see you again, Gideon. I missed you so much." She didn't lose her childlike nature and he knew that when she hugged the Tomper like it was an old friend. Venner couldn't stand the sight, how can a human be so appreciative of a Tomper? It didn't make any sense to him. He shook his head and turned away from the sickening sight, hoping to escape into his dreams, a world he looked forward to.

Leo looked over at the dark-haired Fira, "Fira?" He got the girl's attention, and she approached the driver's seat. "Can you check on Fallon for me? She may like your company more than ours at the moment."

"Of course." She walked to the back of the AV-Viper and opened the door to see Fallon laying there staring out the window as the graying scenery went by. "Fallon?" She sat down next to her, and Fallon looked up at her. She was relieved that she was here...she didn't want any company from the men for a while.

She sat up and looked at her, "What is your name again?"

"Fira. How are you feeling?" she asked in a sweet tone of voice.

"Dirty."

"Yeah...that unfortunately happens. I'm just glad that he didn't go any farther with you." Fira told her as she noticed Fallon's messy braids and undid them, she was trying to get her to be familiar with touch again in a positive way. Fira's sweet and caring expression was something Fallon couldn't resist, this moment felt like she had a little sister. "Its okay not to feel okay right now. Its okay to not feel in control of things right now. You've gone through something traumatic, and your body needs to heal."

"You're very wise for a girl of fifteen." She told her, watching the girl braid her hair in long white ropes. Fira looked up at her with her bright vermillion eyes. "You are not the only one whose experienced terror like that." She told Fallon. "You just need to take as much time as u need to recover." Fira finished making Fallon's hair look a bit neater and Fallon smiled at the sweet act, "I'm sorry for what happened to you." She told the younger girl.

"Thank you. But you don't need to feel sorry for me. I just carry on."

Fallon nodded and appreciated her answer, it made her smile seeing a fighting spirit in such a young person. "Are you hungry?" Fira asked. "I can make you something with the little we have."

"Yeah, I would love that." She nodded.

Fira went back to the rest of the men and started cooking for everyone of them. Faris jumped up onto the bed with Fallon and nuzzled her side, whining since he missed her so much.

"Hey there, Faris. Sorry, I didn't mean to lock you out." She kisses his head. Faris makes a noise of disapproval as she apologizes, and she can't help but chuckle. "Alright, alright. I'll let you be my watch dog from now on."

Hawk had woken up from the delicious smell that Fira was making in the small kitchenette and he sat up, Venner woke up too and Leo looked in the rearview to see the young girl cooking. She glanced up at the three hungry men and she smiled. "Its almost done, its only potatoes and broth but it should be enough until we make camp."

She served Fallon first, going to her and handing her the potatoes and broth inside a hollowed out half loaf of bread, "Here, that should be enough for you, Fallon."

Fallon smelled the food and her stomach yearned for it. She took the food and happily ate it, "Thank you so much, Fira. You're a pretty good cook."

"Scover's Pie. Mom used to make it all the time when she was alive."

"You lost your mother too?" She asked. Fira nodded. "I lost mine but...she's still alive, I hope. She was sold as a Tazmirian slave."

"I hope you find your mother."

"Thank you."