Chapter 28

Raelyn

I didn't know how long stefano had been speaking on the phone in Italian, but I woke up blinking my eyes repeatedly until I could get them to focus on the figure walking in circles in the center of the bedroom. Stefano wore nothing but a towel around his waist. I could clearly see his glistening tan skin accompanied by fading scars on his lower back.

I almost winced just thinking about how he got those wounds. I expected him to have many creative tattoos as well, but the only ones I could detect were brief words written in cursive on his chest and on his left shoulder.

Stefano ended the call and turned to look at me, making me almost stunned he caught me staring. I covered the upper half of my body with the comforters again when I realized I was in nothing but lingerie. His eyes traveled back to my face. "Your mother brought some of your clothes." He said averting his eyes to the blouse and skirt folded on the dresser. I nodded my head and nodded as he stood up.

"If you're not ready to see your first cock, I suggest you turning your head, Rae." Stefano teased, making me part my lips from his sudden words. I turned my head and heard the towel drop. When I felt he was done dressing , I peaked. He wore a white short-sleeved button up shirt and blue cuffed shorts. I thought to myself how colorful he was this morning.

I grabbed my clothes and went into the bathroom to change. There wasn't really much a point to do so, but I was still uncomfortable around my new husband.

*

An employee brought up what I assumed to be our breakfast. The delicious and calming aroma of the food wafted in the air as it was spread on the table. Stefano closed the door and looked at my firm sitting at the foot of the bed.

"Come here, let's eat." He said to me.
"Um, no. I'm not that hungry." There was unspoken but present tension between us and I was aware of how awkward things were going already. Sitting down at the same table with him wouldn't make anything better. I played with the end of my skirt as he looked st me skeptically.

"That wasn't a question, Rae." He gave me a teasing grin. "My maids and cooks aren't available today, so you'll starve all day if you don't eat now." He added. On second thought, maybe I should eat. I got up from my position and walked over to Stefano that was already sitting down, cutting into his pancakes.

I appreciated the fact he wasn't minding me as I ate my food, as I found his staring very weird and unsettling at times. Then again, I should get used to it since he said he won't stop eyeballing assault.

"So you don't normally stuff your face when you eat?" He asked out of nowhere. Perhaps I thought prematurely.

"Will it make you less attracted to me if i stuff my face right now?" I asked him, curious.

Stefano chuckled briefly before displaying a grin. "If you knew how much you turned me on, you'd never look at me the same."

***

After breakfast, Stefano and I arrived to his house, or should I say, our house. It was certainly redecorated since the last time I was here. There were more light and warm colors present than the dark ones from before, and I was sure there was feminine touch at play.

"My family and your parents will be showing up for lunch in the afternoon." Stefano said turning around to tower over me.
"For what?" I asked curious.

"They're here to bless our consummation." He said lowly.
"O-oh..." I looked away from him. They're hoping for babies. It made sense considering the title Stefano holds. His side of the family wants an heir.

"You don't want children right now, do you?" I asked him reluctantly, looking up to face him. He tilted his head to the side before answering.
"I do not....it's too much of a risk right now."
"Why is that?" I asked curious, but also in relief.