The Color Of Love. Chapter 24

Mulai dari awal

"Nice place," I told him. 

"Thanks," he said. I stood at the door as he walked away.  

"You know you can sit down if you want," he stated. 

"No it's okay. I'm soaked and I don't want to ruin anything." 

"Yea, I can give you something to change into and I can put your stuff in the dryer. Hopefully it stops raining by the time they're dry" he said. I thought about it. Did I really want to stay here longer than I needed to?  

"Sure, that would be great," I said. He came back with a t-shirt and some shorts.  

"Bathroom's that way, down the hall on your left." he said pointing in the right direction. I walked to the bathroom, went inside and closed the door. I looked at myself in the mirror and saw my hair was soaked and ruined. It had curled up and hung by my neck dripping with water while my clothes clung to my body. I pulled off my shirt, bra and pants and then put on the clean shirt. It was so warm and comfortable compared to the wet clothes that now lay on the floor. It smelled of Jake which was never a bad smell. I looked in the mirror. I still looked cute in his shirts. Next, I pulled on the shorts. They were kind of too big and they messed up the look. I now looked like a tom boy so I took the shorts off and folded them. I rang my hair out to keep it from dripping. I looked down at the shirt. It went a little bit pass mid-thigh. That wasn't so bad was it? I mean Jake had seen me like this before. I picked my wet clothes up from the floor and grabbed the shorts and walked out the bathroom. I walked back into the living room area and spotted Jake messing with something. He had changed into some shorts and a t-shirt.  

"Where's your dryer," I asked him. He turned around to face me. His eyes did a complete scan of my body. I sighed. At least don't make it so obvious.  

"Jake," I called out his name.  

"Ummm yea, it's this way, here I'll get that for you," he said taking the wet clothes out of my hand.  

"Yea umm the shorts kind of fell off of me," I told him handing them back. 

"Oh sorry," he said as he turned to walk away. I sat down on the couch and waited for him to come back.  

"So are you hungry," he asked me once he returned.  

"No, I could use something to drink though," I replied.  

"What do you want? I have Pepsi, cola, sweet tea, lemonade, Smirnoff's, ooohhh and dr. pepper your favorite," he said as he peeked into the fridge. I laughed. 

"I'll take a dr. pepper." He came back with two Dr. Peppers and sat down next to me. He gave me the drink and I opened it and took a sip.  

"So how's life been treating you Lyssa," he asked. 

"Good I guess, how about you?"  

"Oh it's been treating me wonderful." I laughed. "You still in school?" he asked.