| 17 |

-

I walk downstairs and into the kitchen. I see only Martina sitting by the table, eating her breakfast. I grab some food and sit down on the opposite of her.

An awkward silence is playing between us. "Martina?" I carefully ask as she looks up from her food.

She nods her head while I inhale sharply. "Are you mad?" I ask her while her face is emotionless.

"I have reasons enough, have I?" Her voice is harsh and angry.

"Please Martu" I beg, but she still looks angry. "Don't be mad" I beg while she just shakes her head.

"How can I not be mad Jorge!?" She yells on which I shockingly look at her. "You like me, I know that, but I feel more for you. I want to trust you, hold you, kiss you..... love you" She explains, my eyes widen at her words.

love you...

"But how I am supposed to express all my feelings for you, if you can't feel the same for me. And the whole time I need to hold all my feelings inside, because otherwise you'll break up with me. I'm done Jorge! I can't anymore!" She shouts and stands up from her breakfast.

She runs away, upstairs.

M A R T I N A

I run upstairs, into my room. Tears flow down my cheecks while I enter my room. I push myself under the blankets and cry in my pillow.

I'm done. Done with everything.

Being with Jorge is like a rollercoaster, with huge ups and downs. One moment he is the most romantic guy I've ever met. He is sweet, caring and happy.

But the other moment he is distant. He is scared for love and doesn't know what to say. He gets defensive and not sweet, not the guy I fell for.

I hear a soft knock on the door and pull myself deeper under the blankets . "Get lost Jorge!" I scream, guessing that it's him.

"It's me, Cande" I hear her voice say as she opens the door. I get my head out of my blanckets and look at her. She sits down on my bed, next to me.

"I saw Jorge downstairs, he seemed upset" She tells me while tears fall from my eyes.

"What happened?" She asks carefully,  stroking my back with her hand.

"Jorge happened!" I yell and throw my pillow against the wall. "He is so complicated Cande! I can't with him anymore, my body can't. And my heart can't" My voice is shaky and weak. Her arms form around my tiny waist while I cry in her body.

"Calm down Martu, you'll be fine" She calms me while I slowly leave her arms again.

"Thank you, I needed that" She nods and presses her lips onto each other.

"I know Jorge is complicated sometimes, but he really likes you" She tells me on which I look at her.

"I know he does, but I can't keep my feelings inside for him. I can't wait forever. I need to give someone my love, and I can't give it to him" I explain before she sighs.

"You're right, I want you to be happy. But Martu, please do whatever your heart tells you" Cande says as I smile. I wipe my tears from my eyes and hug her again.

"Thank you, I love you"

"I love you too Martu" She responds as we release from the hug.

-

The whole day I have been thinking about Jorge. His good things and his bad things.

I now finally decide that I can't be with him anymore. I have different reasons for that, but one is the most important one; my heart can't do it anymore.