| 2 |

-

I slowly opened my eyes and saw the small room around me, not so dark anymore. I heard the storm still raging outside, it had been a long time already.

Jorge was still asleep, but Cande was reading a book. "Hey." I said to Cande, moving away from Jorge.

I sat down next to her, looking at her book over her shoulder. "How did you sleep?" She asked kindly, her eyes still on her book.

"Fine, just thinking about my family." Cande smiled and put her book away. She turned around and looked at me.

"They will be fine Martu." I chuckled at her nickname. "Just don't go searching for them now, the storm is still wild." I nodded my head and pulled her in for a gentle hug.

"Thanks Cande, I feel like we're friends already." I smiled into her neck.

"Yeah, you're sweet. Jorge never talked about you, are you in his class?" We released from the hug as she looked at me.

"Yeah, but I'm not like Jorge. I'm not that popular, and I have nicer friends."

"Popular? Is he popular?" I gave her a confused look while I raised my eyebrow.

"Yeah, he is the most popular guy in our school. Every girl wants him, and he is like a badass." She stared at me, her eyebrows frowning.

"What? He never told me about that, it's a total different side of him. He is always so nice and caring, I wouldn't think he is that popular."

"Well, he is. He also kinda... bullies people sometimes." She seemed completely startled.

"He does!?" She almost screamed as I quickly closed her mouth.

"Well, not exactly him but his friends. He does stand next to it, but doesn't do anything about it." I slowly stroke Cande's back.

"I never thought he would be like this. He is always so nice and sweet, I can't believe this." Some tears left her eyes. "My own brother is a bully."

"I never should've gone to a different school, maybe I could've stopped him." She added, me shaking my head.

"No it's not your fault. Jorge made his own choice, but he was so nice to me last night." Cande nodded slowly.

"He is really nice, I mean it. He always takes care of me." Suddenly we heard Jorge moving behind us. We stopped talking and Cande quickly wiped her tears away.

"Goodmorning girls." He said kindly, while moving towards us. He sat down next to me, on the opposite of Cande.

His muscled shoulder touched mine softly. I saw Cande staring at Jorge, totally confused.

Maybe I shouldn't have told her.

"The storm is still raging, I guess we are stuck here for a while." Jorge said while I nodded and looked down.

"I still didn't reach my family, what if they didn't make it?" I said softly, still looking down.

Jorge slowly lift my head up as I gazed into his hazel eyes.

"They will survive Martina, they will survive for you." His words made me calm, making me throw myself in his arms.

"Thank you so much Jorge, I never thought you could be this sweet." Cande still stared blankly at Jorge who held me close.

"Well, I can apparently." He said jokingly, making me giggle softly. I held tight onto Jorge's warm body, wanting this moment to last.

"Cande are you okay?" Jorge asked when he noticed Cande still hadn't said anything.