| 12 |

M A R T I N A

We walk over the streets to school. There are already more houses standing, and it isn't a huge mess anymore. Everyday tons of people are working here to heal the city again.

My dad also helps everyday because his office got flooded too. Jorge and I arrive at the school and enter it.

Everywhere in the school are balloons and flags. In the middle of the school hangs a sign with 'PANTERS ARE CHAMPION!' written on it.

Totally forgot that they were champion. I look at Jorge who is smiling bright while squeezing my hand softly. I smile at the sight of his happiness.

Suddenly tons of girls and boys run from every side to Jorge. The girls immediatly hug him and flirt with him, while the boys congratulate him. His team almost jumps on top of him.

I get pushed away to the side, making Jorge's hand loose from mine. I see the crowd standing around Jorge while I just stand next to it, alone.

This is exactly what I meant. They act like they like me because Jorge wants them to, but they actually don't want me here. I don't belong between these people.

Jorge is the popular guy and I am nothing.

I look one more time at Jorge but he doesn't notice me. He is just smiling and celebrating the championship.

This is not the place I should be, they don't like me at all.

I slowly leave the crowd and walk to my locker. I feel tears prick in my eyes but I try to hold them back. I put my stuff in the locker and want to walk to my first class.

Suddenly I feel two arms wrap around me from the back. I can feel his breath on my skin. I feel a soft kiss in my neck, making me giggle.

"You weren't thinking that I would leave you alone, right?" I turn around and smile at him. He wraps his arm around my shoulder as I now notice that everyone is standing around us.

"I know it's great we won guys, but now we need to get to class." He says and walks through the crowd with me.

While we walk through them I hear a lot of girls whispering about me. "She doesn't fit him" I hear from one side.

"They will never last" One girl laughed to another.

"She's just ugly" I hear another one whisper. I guess Jorge heard one too and he immediatly stops walking. He turns around and walks to the girl who just called me ugly.

"I am not deaf, so I can hear your stupid whispers" He grits through his teeth on which I see fright on the girl's face. Jorge stands in front of the girl, his face looks calm and mad at the same time.

"Don't you ever call Martina ugly, she is the most gorgeous person I've ever seen in my life." He suddenly walks a few steps backwards, looking at the whole crowd. Everyone just stares at Jorge. A bright red blush appears on my cheeks.

"And none of you should ever insult this beauty right here." He says while holding me closer again. "She is the most sweet, beautiful and loving person I've ever seen. So don't judge her before you get to know her" With those words he turns us around and walks to class with me.

I feel myself blush heavily while he kisses my forehead. "Thanks" I whisper and look at him. He smiles softly to me.

"No problem princess, none of those girls even come close to your beauty" I blush even harder as I hear him chuckle. That nickname had way to much effect on me.

"Flirt" I say as we enter the class of miss Hamsworth and sit down on our seats. I sit next to Evy who smiles at me.

Miss Hamsworth starts the lesson but I don't really listen. I hear Emilly and Aliyah, who are sitting in front of me,  talking about me and Jorge.