April Fools Special (Inviuro)

In the entire Academy, the sirens blared. 

Chunks of robots and rubble were scattered everywhere in the entrance hall. No sign of a living life form, or perhaps they were all dead? No, Zain could not accept that. They must still be alive somewhere, they had to. 

The Arena.

But honestly, what the hell actually happened here? Surely not an attack on the Academy?

There was a playing of a gentle breeze beside him, and Zain turned to see his fellow teammate, Djin, staring at the havoc with the same look he had. Analytical, fear and disgust all at once.

"Who the hell dare do this..." Djin said in a low growl most like a lion's.

"You came?" Zain questioned, surprised.

"I'm not like Ganz and Dayang," Djin snorted. "I know they just want to stay out of trouble. Saving their own necks."

"But you shouldn't be here."

"Neither should you."

"Djin," Zain interrupted with more seriousness. "Whoever did this, they must not be underestimated. We need to stick together-"

"You just want to make sure I don't go ruining things right?" Djin asked sceptically. 

Zain faltered, but immediately caught himself. "It will be dangerous if we separate. They have already proven capable of-"

"Yeah yeah whatever."

In a burst of black smoke, Djin was gone. Zain face-palmed. One of the reasons why he loves- no, likes Djin is because of his individualisticness, but this was seriously not the time. What if he ends up like these pathetic robots spurting out electricity. 

He wanted to follow him, but he knew Djin cannot be followed. He was simply too fast for him, so Zain did the only logical thing at this moment: to go to the Control Room and check out what's wrong.

Without further ado, he pelted through the deserted hallways, nothing except for the sound of the alarm's loud blaring in his ears. Though he was doing his best to distinguish sinister sounds perhaps covered up by the alarm. 

With a great leap, he landed just a little bit over the threshold of the Control Room, his pair of guns out at the ready, only to realise he was aiming them at about everyone that had went missing. Mentors, agents and students.

"Happy Wedding Agent Zain!" they all cheered.

Zain was beyond confused. Happy...Wedding? 

He looked around and found Djin, his face bright red like a tomato, trying to look like his normally arrogant self, though obviously avoiding his eyes.

Realisation suddenly trickled into Zain's senses. He slowly lowered his guns as the agents around him continued whooping and cheering. An Inviso and Neuro student had even brought out a large whipped wedding cake from nowhere. Amused, Zain turned to Djin.

"Did you set this up?"

"No," Djin mumbled, abashed, unconsciously playing with his slick sword. "The kids did."

A force from behind pushed Zain forwards, so that he was inches away from Djin's pale but oh...remarkably striking face. Djin was frozen to the spot, one hand on Zain's chest and the other against the holographic platform. 

Zain wanted to back away from all this awkwardness, but the fine, tiny details of Djin's face seemed so mesmerising to him. All his insignificant wrinkles, his chocolate brown eyes. He was so close he could feel Djin's steamy breath on his own stony face.

It was then he realised the whole room was silent, as though it was holding its breath. Reluctantly, he pulled his eyes from Djin to see that everyone, and he meant everyone were gaping at them.

He bet a million dollars his face was extremely red right now. 

A little Techno boy had started chanting something which Zain could not hear. 

Yet.

Soon enough, the room was filled with the chant, "Kiss. Kiss. Kiss. Kiss." Zain didn't know what to do. His heart and mind both were going frantic with the pressure he was facing now. 

He could only look back at Djin for support, but all Djin grumbled was, "Well, if you insist." 

And this time, it was Djin who grabbed him into the kiss. 

Screams of delight filled the room as the mentors, agents and students all clapped in pure joy. A couple of students were endlessly snapping pictures while the mentors and agents could be seen grinning ear to ear.

"Told you they were meant for each other," Leon said smugly.

The other three mentors, Bakar, Geetha and Karya whipped around to gape at what the Neuro mentor had said. "Leon!" 

"I mean, look at that. They both look like two thrashing eels."

Karya observed the two Chief Pillars for a while before sighing, "Well, I can't put it in better words than that."