Surprises, guilt and beaten apologies

"Hermione... I have something to tell you..." Ginny mumbled nervously, biting her lip as she stood twisting her foot slightly in angst. 

"Ginny? What's wrong? " Hermione asked worriedly, quickly sitting at her friends bedside. 

After her eventful shopping trip with Draco she thought it best she check on her friend as she had been kept for an extra day in the hospital wing for her health, as Madame Pompfrey had explained it. 

"Can we wait for Pansy first? It's important, and i'd rather get it over with in one go" she replied slowly. 

"Oh of course sweetie, do we need to wait for Harry too?" 

"No, he knows... hasn't taken it too well but he knows...i'll explain that after as well." she blushed at her friends suspicious look. 

"Okay...bu-" she began before she was cut off as Pansy made her entrance. 

"Hey! Sorry! Sorry! Something came up, but i'm here, whats up Gin?" Pansy exclaimed as she entered the room with a flip of her hair. 

" Well guys... I have news. It explains A LOT actually. It explains why I've been so emotional and dramatic and stressed, well it explains mostly everything." the redhead began. 

" Well you know you can tell us anything sweet, spit it out" Pansy replied calmly.

"I'm pregnant...Well say something? I know it's big news but you don't need to sit there looking like fish!" the redhead exploded at her dearest friends. 

" How far a long? " Hermione asked calmly. 

"about a month, Pompfrey told me yesterday so she kept me to keep an eye on me after all this stress and will be expecting meetings every two to three weeks for check ups" 

"It is Harry's right?" Pansy asked slowly 

"Pans! of course its Harry's!" Hermione replied for her. 

"Yes it's Harry's, no I wont know the gender for a while, and Hermione I know you're wondering now about what I said earlier. He reacted weird because obviously it wasn't planned and he's worried about his abillities as a father" Ginny explained softly. 

"Oh I'm gonna smack Potter up the head. Leaving you here because he has worries, how does he think you feel? You have to squeeze something the size of a small watermelon out of you in nine months!" Pansy shouted. 

"Not helping Pans! Ginny don't worry, you rest up and we're here if you need us, we'll leave you to rest now and maybe smack a scrawny boyfriend of yours upside the head for his idiocies. We'll see you tomorrow" Hermione interjected. 

"Thanks mione, you to pans, i know you both mean well and i love you for it" Ginny sighed. 

"Love you too" the two replied in unison as they walked out of the hospital wing. 

Gryffindor common room - 

"OW! what was that for?!" the boy who lived screeched. 

"for reacting weirdly to your girlfriend because of your worries! You may be the boy who lived but when if you don't apologise to that girl and talk to her you'll be the boy who got his arse beaten to shit! You love her right?!" Hermione screamed. 

"Of course i do!" 

"then tell her and work it out together like adults! you've survived a god damn war, surely you can work through a pregnancy with your girlfriend and buy a book to calm your reservations about fatherhood" the brunette exclaimed. 

*sigh*"you're right...as usual...i'm gonna go to her, thanks mione" 

"no problem, and thank Pansy as well, she loves Ginny just as much as I do, we're her best friends for godsake, so you had better realise that we will literally kick your but if you hurt her" 

"I know Mione, you don't need to give me the speech again" he replied, rolling his eyes as he did so. 

"Good, now I'm going back to my common room, you'd better see her soon, she misses you" 

"I will I promise" 

Heads Common Room - 

"Draco! Stop!Whats going on?!" Hermione screeched as she entered the common room to see Draco beating the crap out of Ronald Weasley. 

"Mia! He came wanting to see you and then blew his top and started insulted us and I just lost it I'm sorry I don't know what came over me" the blonde replied, shoulders slumping in guilt. 

"It's okay, go take a breath, go to my balcony if it helps, I know you love the view... now Ron, what were you doing here? TRUTHFULLY" Hermione instructed, then querried as the blonde left and the redhead crawled onto the sofa. 

"I came to...apologise" he answered dully. 

"Well?" 

"I'm sorry Mione, I shouldn't have said what I did, I know you're not like that, I've just had a lot to process since the war." 

"That's no excuse Ronald. We've all had things to process since the war, for goodness sake I had to deal with the furious looks of my parents once they'd had the obliviate reversed! We've all had things to deal with! That is no excuse for the way you have treated me since I was re-sorted into Slytherin!" 

"I know! I'm sorry, but it's the best I've got!" 

"I understand I do, I guessed it had something to do with Lavender" she paused and raised her hand to stop him interjecting like she could see he was about to "you used to mumble her name and scream for her in your nightmares, of course I knew, but that is still no excuse, I wish you the best Ron I do, but right now I cannot be your friend, you will have to earn my trust again before that can happen. And you can start by apologising to your sister. " 

"I know. I've done a lot of things wrong recently. I will apologise to Ginny, but when she's out of the hospital wing, she needs her rest right?" 

"Right, good now i'm going to bed so you can leave, I'm not apologising for Draco's actions and I'm sure neither is he, you can defend yourself all you want but you came here to apologise and then started an argument instead of being civil to one of MY friends, so that's final, goodbye Ronald, I'll see you around" 

"Goodbye Mione" he replied dejectedly before leaving her common room. 

"Well that was rough, i fully thought you'd just forgive him" Draco stated as he entered from the stairwell. 

"I've changed Draco, I'm no longer letting people walk all over me, I'm better than that" she shrugged. 

"That you are. I've been thinking since our talk earlier." he slowly began. 

"Is that so? Hurt didn't it?" she cheekily grinned in reply. 

" Oi cheeky shut it, now...as I was saying. I don't want to wait and deal with the changes between us as they come, I want you now, as mine. Be my girlfriend?" he asked seriously. 

"Oh of course!" she grinned as she hugged him tightly. " But I need to ask you something, when's your eighteenth?" she then asks softly. 

"July fifth why?" he responds curiously. 

" Well... your eyes were black earlier, and they were black when you were defending me too. And when I showed you those lingerie sets, you grew fangs..." 

"What the hell! I felt tingly but I didn't think anything of it. Where do I know those traits?!" 

"You're a veela Draco, which is why I said your fight with Ron was okay, you can't control it just yet, normally the veela blood waits until your eighteenth to assert itself but i'd imagine us being so close would be a cause for the change beginning a few months early" 

"Merlin I need to talk with my father" 

"Yes you do"