Relationships and room changes

Hermione POV 

Speaking to McGonagall gave me such relief. She even knew quite a bit about Veelas likely from experience with previous students. Our rooms were merged into one with a new council room replacing Draco's old room for our head duties to be made easier. We requested that our rooms be merged into my old room because of our love for the balcony, especially as we've taken to watching the autumn sun set together out there. it really is quite peaceful. We found out, through McGonagall that Draco's Veela blood will now assert itself fully by his birthday instead of the weeks following his birthday and we will need to establish our bond halfway through his eighteenth year instead to account for the extra months, although if we do establish it early, there will be no harm done. 

So that's where we found ourselves, two days after my panic and two days before the big Malfoy meal sitting on our balcony watching the sun set. 

"Hermione?" 

"Hmmm?" 

"How's Ginny doing? I know how worried about her you've been" Draco asked. 

" She's doing okay, better now that Harry's not being such an ass, why?" i replied curious as to his interest. 

" Well, i know she's your friend, and you care deeply about her, so in order to keep you happy I must also ensure your friends happiness to keep you content" 

" that's a nice sentiment Draco. but you needn't worry, I'm okay" i smiled. 

"as long as you're sure Mia" 

" I am, just as sure in the knowledge that we should get to bed now, a busy few days we have ahead of us as you know"  replied, slowly standing to go and get ready for bed. 

The next day 

Normal POV

Hermione and Draco awoke, entangled in each other's arms, ready to start the new day and hoping for some semblance of normalcy. 

This day was only a half day as Headmistress McGonagall believed the Eighth years needed regular breaks in the middle of their weeks to deal with any residual stress they may have from recovery or even just general stress caused by their work loads in classes. With this in mind many an Eighth year were found relaxing by the lake come afternoon when the weather allowed, which so far it had and taking advantage of the provided down time. 

This is where Ron Weasley discovered Pansy, lounging against an old oak down by the lake, alone and clearly day dreaming as she didn't notice his presence until he was sat beside her. 

"Oh hello" she spoke quietly. 

"Hi, how are you?" he asked, almost nervously, as if afraid she'd yell at him for being so close. 

" I'm okay thank you" she smiled causing him to visibly relax " how are you holding up?" she then questioned. 

he smiled sheepishly before saying" i'm getting there" with a shrug and adding " i feel like the almost normalcy of school again is helping, i know a lot has changed but what's left is helping" 

" I understand" she replied, not quite sure why he was beside her. 

" i'm sorry for bothering you" he admitted " i just felt like company and thought i might take you up on your offer last week" he shrugged about to get up. 

"no stay" she quickly objected, grabbing his forearm gently to stop his movements " i meant what i said, I'd like some company too if i'm honest" she explained. 

he nodded and slowly returned to his position beside her, their shoulders almost touching but barely apart. 

they spent the rest of the afternoon sat in companionable silence, occasionally exchanging remarks about the lake or school work or Ginny, each enjoying the calm this time gave them. 

"Looks like those two are getting along" Hermione smiled up on the hill, Draco's arm around her shoulders as they walked the grounds. 

"Apparently so" he agreed, not much caring as long as Ron behaved. 

"Should we set them up?" She joked with a grin to the blonde, wanting only for her friends to be happy. 

"Nah let's leave them be" he replied, steering the girl further along the path to leave the others alone and without fuss. 

"No need to manhandle me Draco" Hermione teased " I was only joking" she added with a grin. 

"Manhandle you say?" he quirked an eyebrow "I'll give you manhandle" he suddenly grinned as he grabbed her about the middle and began tickling her. 

Hermione squealed as she tried to jump away from his hands, wriggling from side to side; eventually sliding to the ground as Draco kept tormenting her, laughing all the while. 

"You're evil Draco Malfoy!" she shouted, a laugh in her voice and her face bright red. 

He eventually ceased his torment and with his hands still on her waist he replied "you love it" with a grin. 

"I just might" she replied with a shy smile, her face slowly receding to a lighter shade of pink. 

At these words Draco stopped, a shocked look in his eyes and a faint blush on his cheeks. With no reply to give he simply leant in and kissed her tenderly, putting all of his emotion into the kiss and hoping she understood. 

She did. 

Hi Guys! I'm its been a while again, life just gets in the way you know? I hope this chapter is to your liking, it may be short but i just wanted to resolve any possible questions about the last chapter and build upon the relationship between Pansy and Ron, I'm hoping to do something with those two, whether its romantic or friendly, although i'm leaning more towards romantic, i think they'd make a very sweet headstrong couple. Thanks for reading!