chapter 3

ETHAN'S POV

"i guess she really refuse to eat" Marrie stated. For the last 2 years ive been with her, Lassie was never gonna be mature. part of her really want to do things the way that she want. but seriously? does she not know that everything she's doing is actually gonna hurt her? 

On the first year i trace my feet on this mansion i only had one goal, which is to obtain the property of Lassie's father, The Wooden Balcony. Besides, her father left almost his shares to Lassie's before he died. The thing is in order for Lassie to have access in all of that she need to marry me right after her 18th birthday. 

I had no idea what bothers Mr. Brantly for putting such an idea in order to guarantee her daughter assets.

2 years ago

"Mr. Brantly." i offer my hand for a handshake.

"im glad you could come and have a chat with me" he take my hand gladly, and we headed to the company meeting room.

"i had received your call from your assistant and im glad i could offer some help.  After what had my late father owe you, it such a big honor for me to settle the debt". I explained.

Mr.  Brantly cooly laugh on my statement. He hold my shoulder and smile saying "its not a big deal. Your father and i are a good friend"

Later then, his assistant Mykaile knocks the room and enter with a cups of tea. Mykaile bends over the desk and i could see her panties under her short skirt, after she puts the cups she turn away and wink at me.  Damn Mykaile, i smile at her back and she steps away.

"Ethan, what im going to this thing might have effect your future" Mr. Brantly explain, well he sounds so serious.

"this is include someone special to me"

"how special? "

"she's my daughter"

"Mr. Brantly, are you really willing to risk your daughter future? "

"Ethan, its not willing.. Its my must. I could only trust you for my daughter sake"

"why? "

"Perhaps you will know later, the reasons why i choose you"

Mr. Brantly hurried stood up after he finished his tea. I sent him back with Steffeur, the driver and sent him a goodbye but then he smiled.  A smiled that hides a thousand secret that i dont even know what he meant when he said he trust me. 3 days later, i found out that he was dead.

..........................

"Lassie?" i pace my steps as soon as i saw her.  She was heading to the kitchen with her head down, i thought something bad happens to her but i stop after my iphone suddenly ring. 

"Ethan. "

"Sir, im sorry for calling you over the weekend but there's important  things  happen at the company"

"Ask Mykaile sorts out the important things and James to arrange the meeting. I'll be over there in a minute"

"Yes sir. "

I try to get back at the moment and continue in searching Lassie, as about i want to enter the kitchen, i heard someone  shout.

"LASSIE!"

I rush away to the backyard and found lassie still torning up her skin with a knife. Her face look so pale and hurt. I look into Marrie eyes. She look so shock as she also had no idea what happened to Lassie.

"Lassie? " i call her name slowly, she just look at me like she had no idea what happened to her.  I slowly try to reach her hand and grab the knife but suddenly due to her shock, she scream.