Chapter 19 - New Times - Part 01

Thursday, August 24, 1972.

Helena was at Trident Studios taking a picture of the boys who are recording the album again at dawn. This time the girl was called by Trident to make new photos of the band. Helena took pictures of Freddie, Brian, Roger and John as they recorded the album. Helena's eyes were sad and lifeless and red, as if she had been crying before. The boys realized that Helena was not well, that something had happened and they were worried about her. Roger was missing Helena's implication with him that night, for she always complained to him about something about the pictures they took of him, but just that night she was silent, not complaining, just doing her job , but it's as if your thinking is far away.

The boys started recording the album at three in the morning and they went up to seven in the morning recording the album. Helena worked at dawn and was completely tired mentally and physically. When she got home, she would take a shower and sleep. College classes are coming back soon.

At seven o'clock in the morning, the boys finished another night of recording the album and they decided to have an enhanced breakfast in the Trident Studios cafeteria before they went home to their house.

It's already Friday, August 25, 1972. Helena put the photographic equipment in a room of Trident Studiso and returned to the cafeteria to have breakfast. She had to have a strong coffee to wake her up until she got home to sleep. The young woman was so disheartened, sad, with something that had happened, that she did not want to talk to the boys and went straight through them, who were seated at a table and went to another table and began to serve herself with coffee. morning and other food at a large table and then sat alone.

"Something happened to our dear Helena, she's not like that," Freddie said worriedly.

"I just will not talk to her, I know Lena does not want to talk to anyone, I know her face," Brian said worriedly. "But then I'll talk to him."

And her eyes were a little red, as if she was crying, "John said." Something has happened and I'm worried.

Roger was sipping his breakfast, quietly, thoughtfully. Then he lit a cigarette, puffing still in silence.

"Will you say nothing about Helen, dear Rog?" Freddie asked.

"There is nothing to say," said the blonde, looking at his friends. "If she wants to be silent, the right is hers, surely something has happened, but she will only tell you if she wants, I will not insist on her saying.

"But we will not insist either, dear Rog," Freddie said. "But I just think she should talk to us, something.

"At the moment she wants, she'll tell you guys." Better not to say anything and leave her alone, after all, sometimes we really need to be alone, do you agree? Roger asked.

The boys nodded in silence, and shortly thereafter, Brian, Freddie, and John got up and headed for the exit and said good-bye to Roger, who commented that he would go to the bathroom before leaving, and they would all be in the next morning for the next recording of the band's album. After Freddie, Brian and John left, Roger was alone, about to light another cigarette, but the blonde gave up, seeing the other table on the other side, Helena crying as a child.

Roger had been attentive, and though he had no friendship with the brunette, he had been worried about her. Something very serious had happened. Roger took a deep breath and decided to take courage. He would not ask or say anything to her, but when he saw her crying, everything changed. He got up from his chair and resolute, headed where Helena was. She had not noticed the blonde's approach at first, but as soon as she saw him, she quickly tried to dry her tears, which ran down her pretty face.

"You do not have to dry your tears," Roger said, approaching her and Helena looked at him sadly.

"Do not be rude, you do not know what's happening to me, nothing, Roger," Helena said closing her eyes again and tears falling on her face. "Go away, you must surely be happy to see me like this.

Roger looked at her indignantly.

"What kind of person do you think I am?" A monster? - He said bouncing what she said.

"Yes, a monster," she said irritably looking at him. "That's what you really are, after all."

"Why do you think that about me, that I'm a monster?" I can have millions of defects, Helena, I may not like the person, but I would never wish the evil of this person I do not like and know why? Because I do not want to wish for me what could happen to me. "Roger looked at her.

- Leave me alone, please, leave me with my pain, do not come laughing at my face, okay? She countered again.

Roger did not give up. He sat down beside her and she threatened to get up to leave, but the blonde forbade her, stopped her.

"You're not going anywhere, young lady," Roger said, looking deep into her eyes, and Helena looked at him too.

"Let me go, I want to go home now," she said with tears streaming down her face.

- You are unable to go home, y ou need to calm down and talk seriously now and say to me because he considers me a monster because they do not like me anyway, because I never understood it, really - said Roger resolute and exasperation . "Come on, tell me, because you hate me so much."

"You know very well why I hate you, Roger," she said through clenched teeth. "Do not play innocent.

"I wonder why you hate me, do not you?" - He said looking at her - It all started on July 2, 1971, when QUEEN performed at the University of Surrey and you took pictures of the band presentation and met the guys in the dressing room, but, I was not then went to the bathroom and on the way we ran into each other and I treated you badly, did not I?

"Yes," she said, looking at him. "From that day on I saw how much you're not good at, you're selfish, you're arrogant, arrogant. You have treated me very badly, unlike your friends, and I will never forget that. The first impression is the one that stays, right?

Roger ran a hand over his face, trying to control himself so he would not be nervous.

- Yes, there is this phrase, the first impression is the one that stays and I missed, I made mistakes with you ugly, Helena - Roger said - And I'm here, now, speaking from my heart to you, that, please, forgive me, me Forgive me for everything I told you that day, because I was nervous, I had quarreled with Josephine because of her jealousy and wanted to discount my anger at someone and that someone was you and I deeply regret. And over time, you also teased me, took me seriously and only showed its boring side, often arrogant as well and its judging side, but I know that there is the other beautiful side of Helena, the side that I see in the voluntary work of the orphanage.

Helena stared at him in utter surprise, and the tears were still falling from her green eyes.

- I'm here, Helena, because I want to ask your forgiveness - Finally Roger said this - I know I acted very wrong with you and I want to apologize, for everything I told you and I want to show you that I am not a monster and that in this case, The first impression is not the one that remains. I'm meeting your other side, Helena and I want you to know my other side too. Please forgive me, for everything.

Helena does not wait for this one.

Will she forgive the boy?