Cinderella's Tears ~ Chapter 26

She wasn't lying.

I groaned, "Magdalena! I'm tired, I was working all day."

Magdalena gave me a smile and came close, "And now you'll be working all night too. Isn't it wonderful?"

I glared at her. She frowned, "I was working hard too, so stop complaining. I'm not doing it for me but for you. I don't want to hear back talk."

“Whatever,” I said, but I couldn’t help but be interested in what she was doing.

The old woman showed me both dresses but focused on the purple one.

“This is the dress you will be wearing to the ball,” She announced proudly.

I stared at it, “You can’t be serious? This dress is amazing. I can’t wear something like this.”

“But you will. Come on.” She took the dress off the mannequin and shoved into my hands. She then pushed me into the kitchen to change.

The kitchen was smaller than the main room. There was a fireplace that was open to both rooms. There was a big fire in the fireplace.

I look at the dress in my hands. The thought of wearing such a dress is only a wish, something I could never do. Never the less, I slip out of the dress I’m currently wearing. Standing in my undergarments, you look at the dress confused. Magda already untied the back, all there is to do is to slip it on. The problem though is to tie it after wards.

I step inside the dress and pull it up to my chest. The silk feels like a dream against my legs. I attempt to walk out, nearly stumbling as I do. Magdalena sighed. The dress was slightly too long.

She guided me to a stool, similar to the ones at the tailor shop.

“No, no, no Diane! You are wearing it all wrong!”

She fixed and tugged at the waist. She took my arms and slipped them through the loose straps. Finally she tied the back together tightly.

“Its slightly big but that could be that you haven’t eaten all day.”

I nodded.

She brought a full length mirror and placed it in front of me.

I couldn’t stop staring. I felt so out of place. A maid in a princess’s dress. My face flushed in embarrassment.

The dress was gorgeous though. The top was a dark purple. It was a bit like a corset. The bottom of it had white embroidery. On the top, in the center, attached were two loose sleeves that hung just above my elbow. The dress was a light purple, nearly white. It was layer at least three times. On top of that, Magdalena layered her dark purple, embroidered fabric. It was placed so it cover half three fifth of the dress. The light fabric was still exposed.

“It’s beautiful,” I whispered in awe.

“Of course it is,” The old woman snapped, “I designed it! And of course, I made it.”

She circled around me, trying to find any imperfections.

“Maybe we could also put in a little bit of gold.”

She thought for a while and finally groaned, “I would have to think about this. Take off the dress.”

When I finally dressed in your normal attire, Magdalena had me seated. She whipped out a pair of scissors.

I whimpered.

“Stay still,” she ordered.

She then proceeded into cutting and trimming off a whole bunch of hair.