Cinderella's Tears ~ Chapter 29

A few days passed by since the ball and it was hectic. The castle was very controlling. I rarely saw Dylan most days if at all. No one seemed the slightest surprised or freaked out that I was here.

The first few days, I was dressed up and lectured all the time. The royal advisers decided that the savage beast that his highness dragged into the castle, need lessons. Most of the classes came to me with great ease for I was already forced taught by Magdalena. I received a very strict singing coach, to my great excitement. My singing greatly improved.

One day, I was confronted by one of the maids that took care of my every need. Her face was down when she approached me. Before she spoke she looked me straight in the eyes.

“You!” She hissed.

I shifted uncomfortably in my chair.

“You were the one how murdered Lord Stefan!” She accused in a hush whispered.

Before I could defend myself, she spoke again, surprising me.

He eyes softened and she whispered, “Thank you.”

She turned around and returned to the group of maids that were staring at me. I looked up at them, meeting their gazes. The maids didn’t even attempt to look away. I felt as if we came to an understanding. A very large hole formed in my stomach. I stood up, abruptly and ran out the room, clutching my stomach. I felt the previous meal creeping up my throat.

That night I did not sleep. I rolled around on my bed, spacing out.

My room was fair, nothing compared to the rest of the palace but it was more than I could ever dream of.  The bed, that was made every day, was nearly to die for.

I stared at the dark shadows as I thought. Stefan was worse than I thought. Was else had he done? I shuddered at the thought. Her words bounced back and forth in my head. Images flooded into my mind, invading thoughts.

My mother appeared multiple times, crying or laughing, but her face became less clear. Stefan’s have seemed clearer. I wanted to look away. I kept shaking my head but nothing happened. I felt the cold feeling as I plunged into the great unknown. I could no longer breathe. I gasped for air but there was nothing there. Two large beefy hands grabbed my throat. I screamed but no sound came out. I scratched at the hands. My nails ran across my throat.

I shot up, gasping for air. Looking around my room, I realized no one was here. My body was cold. I started to shiver violently. I laid back down but I could not sleep. I was alone in the cold darkness.

Over a week had passed by before I broke out. It was late in the afternoon. I ran down the halls. Servants stared bewildered at me as I whizzed past. Behind me, the angry shouts of my advisors were heard all over the castle. As I peered past my shoulder, I could make out one of them running with my shoes that I abandoned a while ago.

As I ran down the large halls, I glanced in the rooms to find the prince. My footsteps filled the empty halls Eventually, I found the royal wing. Then I heard a sound. I put on the brakes and stopped. I found myself looking at giggling maid with an empty tray. When she saw me, she looked away, blushing deeply. Curiously I walked past her a tore open the door she walked through.

“For the last time, I do not want sugar!” A voice thundered as I stepped into the room.

I froze. In front of me, Dylan was sitting at a desk, looking down at some papers. I cleared my throat. He glanced up.

His eyes got big and his mouth broke into a grin. As he stood up, I walked near him.

“Diane, what are you doing here?” He breathed, looking back at his desk.

I raised my eyebrow and didn’t answer for a minutes. Then, I smiled at him.

“I’m here to see you, silly!”

He chuckled and rubbed his neck, “That nice but what’s the real reason?”

Still smiling, I walked around him. Rubbing his shoulder, “I was wondering if you could do me a favor.”

He turned around, grabbed my hand and chuckled, “No way.”

My smile instantly dropped. “Why not? I asked, snatching my hand away.

“You are up to no good.”

I frowned at him, “That’s not true”

He leaned back on the desk, “Really?”

“Yes,” I protested.

“What is your request then?” He asked amused.

My stomach tightened and I smiled sweetly, “I wish to visit my grandmother.”

He cracked up. I frowned at him.

“No way.”

“Why not?” I asked.

“Please. You will just runaway.”

“I will not!”

“I’m not taking the chances. You don’t even have a grandmother.”

“Yes, I do,” I hissed.

He looked at me surprised, “Really?”

“Yes, I met her after,” I slowed down and carefully said the last few words, “I escaped jail…”

Dylan looked at me with a smile, “That’s even more unbelievable.”

Just then, my adviser ran in the door.

“Your Highness! She esca-” She stopped short when she saw us. Her eyes went huge behind her pointed glasses. Grey hair flew out from the tight bun she always had.

“I. I. I will leave you two alone,” She stammered.

For a few moments, we stared at the door.

I turned back to him, “Please?”

He sighed, “No.”

I pouted angrily. Stomping over to his chair, I forcefully bumped into him and sat down in his chair, folding my arms. I stared at the door enraged.

“Diane, don’t be like that.”

I gave him no answer.

“I need to get back to work.”

Silence. He stared at me for a few minutes but I wouldn’t give in.

“Diane! Fine!”

I relaxed my face expression and jumped up. Kissing him on the cheek, I grinned happily.

“But you will have two guards accompany you.”

My smile dropped. I frowned but I knew I wouldn’t get an better than this.

“Fine,” I said through my teeth.

Dylan kissed me on the forehead, “You can go tomorrow morning.”

I rolled my eyes angrily and left his office, only to face an angry old woman. She yelled at me and my “irresponsibility” as we walked back to my chambers.

~ Omgosh. Hi.

Im not sure if any of you have read the beginning of my other story, The 13 Lost Ones. If you haven’t, it would be awesome if you would check it out. I haven’t been posting any chapters lately because I have been focused on finished this story but for the sake of my good friend, I will try to post another chapter this week.

The story is about teens with special abilities and the chapters will be slightly longer than the ones in this story. It’s a completely different style and different feel to it. I hope you like it.