Cinderella's Tears ~ Chapter 15

I closed my eyes. Everything disappeared around me. I was all alone in the dark. I could only hear the sound of the waves, crashing against each other in harmony. The cold air cut me at all sides. I've never felt so free. Was that so sad?

Time seemed to stop. Something hard slammed against my back and I felt the hard impact of the water as it hit my face.

 I had no time to scream. I had no air. Ice cold water consumed me and held me prisoner. I couldn’t feel the ground and the surface seemed so far away. My dress dragged me down to dark abyss. It floated all around me, exposing my legs. As for my hair, it was everywhere, occasionally covering my vision. I looked up to see the sky. It disappointed me that it was like looking down but slightly brighter. The moon was shining faintly behind some dark clouds. I reached toward it but I had no energy. There were no stars to be seen. I tried to struggle against the unseen death that touched me at all sides. Slowly, I gave up and let it drag me down. I closed my eyes. I forgot or I don’t remember: how I got here, where I am, what is going on, what my name is, who knows. I didn’t know. But it was ok. My senses were sharp and my mind was clear. I felt alive, but it’s over; at least it was a peaceful way to die.

Nope.

I felt two beefy hands grab my throat and shake me. I grabbed the hands and I tried to break free. I started to kick around. Why? Who? What? I was supposed to die! Let me die in peace! For gods sake, leave me alone! I fought against the man. I sure don’t want to get killed by you!

Suddenly, I wanted to live.

Why? Why did I want to live? The answer was simple. Dylan. I still had to kick his sorry ass. I still haven’t forgiven him, maybe I should. Nah.

 I hit something behind me with my foot. Using it as support I pushed up and broke through the surface. I gasped for the cold air.

It hurt. It really hurt.

I was pulled back down by the monster. He also went up for air. I clawed at his shirt and hit his jaw. It was no use; after all, all my actions were slowed down because of the water. I grabbed the shirt and tried to drag him to the bottom. My weight was not enough but I was hoping that with my dress I would be able. His fist hit the side of my head and I let go. I felt a numbing pain but the cold water soothed it down. I could taste my blood.

He was too strong. My vision blurred. Just kidding, I was underwater, my vision sucked.

The man was getting farther from me. Focus Diane, focus! I encouraged myself.

I reached out and grabbed his ankle. For a moment I just held it. Then my instincts kicked in. My mind was blank, I just wanted to live.

 My lungs felt like they were going to quit. I pulled myself up. I used the man as a ladder and in no time I was at the surface once again but my dress pulled me back. I kicked the man in the face as he kneed me in the stomach. It was sort of pathetic. Everything was in slow motion. He pushed me down to push himself up. My knees hit the bottom of the lake and I felt the soft moss. There was no sand though, only rocks. I pushed myself up against the rocks and broke through the surfaces, but when I tried to breathe, my hair cover my mouth nearly choking me.

The man grabbed my head and pushed me down. I felt lightheaded. Behind him, the moon appeared.

I was memorized by the sight of it. It wasn’t even full but it looked so different. Water went up my nose and I came to my senses.

 I still couldn’t see his face. I grabbed his face and tried to pull it back. As I let go, my hand slid down his face and I felt a flaw near his jaw. Just like a crack. My mind started working and then I realized who it was. Releasing any air I had left, I screamed underwater and with any final strength, I grabbed the man by his collar and kicked him back. I reached the surface, flapping my arm wildly. I pushed my hair out of the way and tried to breathe normally. Unfortunately I had no strength left and sunk back down.

The waves pushed me in any direction they wanted to. I allowed it. I felt like I was asleep. I couldn’t hear a sound or see anything. There was a terrible pain in my chest and I coughed, letting out air. Accidently, I sucked in water. It tasted like salt, dirt and iron all mixed into water. I looked out. For a second I thought I saw a sparrow fly by but then it disappeared. I looked back and my mother reached out to me but still I couldn’t move. She looked so sad. Then she also disappeared. A monkey appeared and stretched its hand out to me. This time I knew I was hallucinating. Live, I told myself. From this day on, I hate monkeys.

Finally, I could feel sand brush against my leg. I pushed myself up and took a breath of air. Then, clawing toward the edge, I finally go to solid ground. I dragged myself farther away and collapsed. I tried to turn over on to my back so I could breathe easier but I couldn’t. I was breathing heavily and occasionally breathed in sand. Tired, I was really tired but it hurt, everywhere. I was completely exhausted.

Blood. That was blood not iron. But it was not my blood.

~ I painted a picture for this chapter becuase I coundn't get the image out of my head. I hope you like it :D Chackout my deviant art http://aluvya.deviantart.com/