Aphrodite's Girls

Start bij het begin

All I could think of was Aphrodite-mother-sister-aunt-Piper?! How could she not tell me!!?

I turned to face Piper, who had a pale face on.

"Piper?! How could you not tell your best friend, your mother was Aphrodite?" I confronted her, loudly.

She made a mean face and stood up. "Well, you never asked! Anyways why did you think I didn't tell you who my parents are?" She pointed out.

I stood up as well. "Well, maybe you should tell your best friend of four years, if your mom is the APHRODITE!" I yelled out at her.

"I don't care about who my mom is! She's not an important person in my life or something!" Piper cried out.

"Why, I mean they're your parents! You're lucky to even know who your mom is!!" I screamed out at her.

"Because they both don't care about me!" She yelled out at me.

Then, Piper looked down at the floor.

"No matter how much I wanted them to."

She ran out and slammed the door, leaving us gaping at her.

"Piper, that's not true! Piper," Valentina said as she rushed after her.

I stopped Valentina. "It's my fault, besides, I know what if feels like for parents to ignore you the most," I told her quietly and she nodded.

Piper was outside the cabin, sitting on the little stairs that went up. She rested her chin on her legs as she looked calmly at a tree nearby.

"Piper?" I asked her. She didn't answer.

I sat next to her. She didn't budge to move.

"I'm sorry for pressuring you like that. I mean, I guess I just got hot-headed since you never told me," I said.

An owl cooed to end the silence.

"I know how it feels like to have non-caring parents. My mom left me at the age of three and you know my dad- he's the reason I got into acting," I told her.

"My dad had to raise me, just like yours, Beth, and he wasn't even there! The only family I had was my maid. My dad and his acting career, all he cared about. He was never there. And my mom-don't even get me started on her! Exactly how many daughters do you think she has?" She exclaimed.

"You know what they say- parents always being there for you are the key to happiness," I continued," I guess our parents threw that key away."

I heard a giggle from her. "That's not even a bit funny," she muttered.

I laughed. "Piper c'mon, you know my jokes are the best."

"Leo Valdez has better jokes than you," she told me.

We looked at each other and burst into laughter.

"I didn't believe you even for a second."

"I didn't believe myself. That guy is horrible at making jokes!" She told me.

We went back inside and Valentina hugged Piper.

"Piper, mom does care about you! She cares about all of us! She just gets a little tied up with work and all," Valentina assured her.

"Yeah, like she got tied up with work most of my life and left me with my dad," Piper grunted.

"If it helps, she left me with my dad too," Drew shrugged," he was a director."

"I'm not sure that helps, Drew," Piper noted.

"Except telling us about Daddy's little star!" Lacy mimicked.

Drew glared at her. Next thing we know, a pillow hit Lacy's face.

"Pillow fight!!" Hana cried out loud and threw a bunch of pillows at us.

We yelled out and all of us grabbed a nearby pillow and started hitting each other. This was war.

Soon, Drew, Calypso, Hazel, Thalia, Lacy, and Hana had fallen to leave Valentina, Piper and I still hitting each other with destructive pillows.

I was competitive. I always liked a challenge and was currently hiding behind a closet. Piper ran out of nowhere, yelling out like a madman, when she was hit with a pillow on the face.

She fell down and pretended she was dying. I rushed to her side and sat down to face her.

She was still smiling. "A-annabeth, is that you?" she said in a hoarse voice, with one eye open. I pretended to cry and took her head and placed it on my legs.

"Yes," I replied.

"W-win for m-me," she over-exaggerated, fake dying.

"I will," I pretended to cry. Then, I stopped acting.

I put my pointing finger, ring finger, and middle finger together and lightly kissed them and then held them up. Reference. Hint. Hint.

I stood up, fiercely. I would win this for Piper.

I heard shuffling of feet behind me. Valentina was exactly a couple of feet away.

"Aha," she yelled out and threw a pillow at me. I dodged her pillow and threw my pillow that hit her in the face. She pretended to die and fell down.

Revenge was done.

"Aha, now to triumph over my glory!" I exclaimed.

Not a second was over, before I was tackled to the ground by all the girls.

"H-help!" I cried aloud as the girls crushed me.

"We won!" They responded in unison.

The war was long over. But someday I would get my revenge on those girls. Someday.

"Hey Piper, have I told you that we're cousins?" I asked her, with all of us splattered on the floor and a mess all around us.

"No freaking way."