I sat at the breakfast table, placing my butter knife and fork down as I finished eating. "Raelyn!" My mother said as she appeared from the corner. She wore her famous satin robe as she entered the room. "Your friend Gianna is sitting in the living room right now.

Did I hear that right?

I felt my heart sink at the thought of talking to Gigi again. I doubted that she even wanted to see me after I has left her like that. "I hope that can brighten you up a bit. She's been harassing us for awhile and I wanted to make sure you were stable before inviting her over." She said crossing her arms and giving me a concerned look.

I nodded my head and got up from the table slowly, taking nervous steps into the room Gigi was in. I saw her sitting there just as nervous, playing with her fingers as she looked around the house with her eyes. When they landed on me, her eyes widened and she opened her mouth to speak. "Raelyn!" She got up from the couch and ran to me. My mood warmed as we held each other tightly. "Oh gosh, Raelyn!" She said pulling back.

She eyed me up and down and beamed at me as she shook me by my shoulders. I couldn't help but crack a smile at her behavior. I expected her to be angry with me.

"I feel like it's been forever, ya know?" She said to me, sighing deeply afterwards. "I could say the same." I answered her. Even though gigi didn't look that much different from the last time I saw her, something was just brand new about her.

"Word spread that you're back." She whispered to me as we watched my mother go down the hall.

"What are people saying about me?" I asked, not really wanting to know.
"You don't want to know." Gigi said shaking her head and closing her eyes. When she opened them, a tear slipped down, making me feel all the more guilty.
"I missed you, you know? I was worried about you."

"Well...I'm ...alive." I said back to her, grabbing her hand. Something didn't feel right about me saying that.

"I didn't think you had it in you, Rae." Gigi admitted.
"How was it here without me?" I asked her. I prayed they didn't put her through hell while I was gone.

"Boring. Besides that, my parents and yours, along with Stefano's men, kept interrogating me." Gigi explained. I frowned and apologized. "I'm sorry."

"That's okay, Rae. With that, Vincent's family blamed you for him running away as well." She added. I immediately closed my eyes at the mention of Vincent and his family.
"Raelyn what's wrong?"

My eyes softened at Gigi, hoping she knew what I was struggling to say. "Vincent's family still think he's out there but meanwhile he's..." Gigi said and trailed.
I broke down and sobbed into her shoulder. . "He's gone, he's gone, Gigi."

Gigi's silence told me she knew already.

"And now that you're back, Raelyn...it seems your wedding is being resumed."

"I know. But, this isn't over." I shook my head, sniffing.
Gigi gave me a confused look before smiling mischievously. She looked around before leaning in to whisper. "Just put up an act, Rae. Just be the wife they want you to be, comply. Then take them by surprise. I'll come with you next time."

"You're right, it wouldn't really do me good to be defiant now. You would really escape with me?" I asked her curiously. It meant so much that I could trust her.

"Yes, of course. You actually taking the chance to run made me realize I should have done so a long time ago."

-

Today I was forced to spend the whole afternoon with Caterina and my mother.

I was supposed to make a decision about my wedding dress soon so we went out to look for one that was perfect for me. I had absolutely no motivation to be out looking for my wedding dress, but I remembered to play up to my part. I think Caterina was the most excited out of all three of us.