Chapter 9

I was tying the towel around my body when the knocking started. I took my sweet time tying the towel around my body and hair. The knocking didn't stop and I opened the door to reveal Aiden wearing a grey suit. I opened the door wider to let him in. He bluntly checked me out from the door away. I look at him smirking and he cleared his thought.

"See something you like?" I said smirking. He sat on my bed while I took the towel off from around my head.

"Nothing I haven't seen before", he said. I laughed at his answer.

"Well still doesn't mean you don't want a piece of this", I smirked at him.

"Stop flattering yourself", he said growling, "I don't have time for your self praise. I came here to know if you will go to office with me or else I am going".

"Thanks for asking but I would be very much okay with myself". It probably looks weird that I didn't go with my fiance but I didn't care. He went out nodding and I walked into the closet which was the size of a small apartment. I came out wearing a maroon shirt dress with a tie belt around the waist. Coming into my room, I saw no one. I stood before the mirror and fixed my hair. As I swirled around, I saw something a few feet away from me with a look on its face like it couldn't even kill a fly. Most people might purr at the sight. But I was not most people by any means.

"Aiden, take your leech out of my room",I all but screeched. My voice was snarky and annoying. But I was consumed by fear and irritation. I somehow avoided it and went out of my room. Aiden was nowhere in sight and Miranda was at kitchen. I barely ran out of the house with my heart in my sleeve.

When I finished my work by 5, I went to Aiden's office as I was supposed to go somewhere with him.

"Are you done, Aiden?" I said with tiredness while plopping down on the couch of his office. He merely looked up at me. His eyes were glued on his laptop. I was irritated by his behavior and his short notice of going somewhere.

"The reservation is at 7".

"So you expect me to sit here and look pretty for 2 hours", I said angrily. He rolled his eyes.

"I didn't invite you here and you are not pretty by the way". I rolled my eyes at his speech. The room was silent for a minute but suddenly Aiden talked.

"I think you should do some work like me rather than achieving everything through daddy's money",he said still looking at his laptop. My nostril flared. I went towards his desk and shut his laptop with a thud. Aiden was staring at space as his laptop was no longer in front of him. He took deep breath and let it out. He continued it for two three times before asking me looking at his laptop, "Why did you do it?" He spoke every word painfully slowly while grinding his jaw. Then he looked at me or more likely glared at me still grinding his jaw.

I merely shrugged and arched my brow at him. If he wanted a logical answer then I didn't have one. I was super pissed and that was why I did this. Maybe I shouldn't have done it. Well, what was done couldn't be rewound back, right? Aiden's hands were fisted on the table as he struggled to keep his control.

"I asked you something", he finally lost his control. He banged his fisted hand on the table. His eyes were shooting laser beam at me.

"You told me that I have achieved everything by my father", I said narrowing my eyes. Who did he think he was to say those things though? He is the CEO of his father's company. "Hypocrite enough of you, whose company's CEO are you?" I glared at him. 

"It was just a petty comment and because of that fact you shut my laptop?! I was doing an important work. Stop acting like a fucking spoiled brat", he again banged his fist on the desk.

"Words are not petty, Aiden. Next time think what you say. I have worked hard to come where I am. It is not my 'daddy' who did my work. What will you even understand? You were expected to be the shining star from the moment you were born", if it was possible, his expression hardened more.

"Just because your family does not think of you as worthy of managing a company doesn't mean every family is like that. Don't bring your 'daddy issues' in my office", he said glaring. My heart thud for a moment by his truth word. I kept my face neutral but I was definitely hurt by his word even if those were partially true.

"Where are we going?", I changed the subject. He was still glaring at me and answered me while glaring.

"We are gonna have dinner", he took his eyes of me and started his laptop again. He was rigid and I felt slightly, just slightly bad for what I did.

"Is it a date, Mr Fiance?"I asked sweetly still standing by his chair.

"First, no it is not. Second, you need to stay away from me now if you want my temper to be in my control. And third, stop your fucking mood swings. It feels like you have DID", he stated calmly and kept working again. Just to give him a hard time and just to not listen to him, I stand by his chair for five minutes. And then I went back to the couch just to come back and sit on his desk beside his laptop. Aiden looked at me briefly his jaw clenching. I fluttered my eye lashes at him with a sweet smile and saw his facial expression hardening more. I smiled in victory and went to my phone to do something in the mean time.

By 7 pm, we were at the lobby of a French Restaurant.

"I don't like French food", I said just to annoy him. Aiden brushed it off but he was irritated.

"No body asked you", he said. I rolled my eyes as we sat at our seat which was further corner.

"Listen, we need to talk",he said with a very business like voice.

"About what. Like how you styled your hair?" I couldn't help it. There was something very evil and fun about irritating him. I eyed his perfectly styled chocolate brown hair. I couldn't deny he was a fine ass of a man. His stubble was more like beard now but it was not too much to look like fucking Amazon jungle. If he wasn't my fiance, I would have definitely jumped on his bones. I would have seduced him no matter what. His those big hands, those lips looks very promising. I pushed the thought at the back of my mind and analyzed his reaction.

I just admired him saying he had amazing style. But it seemed like he doesn't think that way. He was irritated and very much pissed. A frown was permanent at his face.

"Thanks", he didn't look thankful rather irritated , "however what I wanted to say-"

"Sir, would you like to order", a waiter asked politely. Aiden's irritation level if possible, increased more. We placed our order and when the waiter went away, Aiden was very ready to say his part.

"Listen, this Wednesday-"

"Hey, may I join you for a minute". I looked at the owner of the voice. I growled. I couldn't even hide it. 'Bitch what are you doing here', my glare and look was screaming those words.

"Hey, Eliana. Everything good? How is your very newly announced love life?" the bitch Emelia smirked at me. Her mid thigh red dress was hugging her every curve which was definitely eye candy for man. Her skin was more tanned than before and she definitely has became more fit . She was looking too perfect. Seeing her looking so perfect, my previous insecurities which I have placed at the back of my mind for so long started to surface but I couldn't let it show.

"Very well, Emelia. As you can see", I told her gesturing toward our table. 'Bitch look, I am still better than you', I thought looking at Aiden. Aiden's face was blank as ever but he was scrutinizing me closely. Was my insecurities shown on my face? I panicked at the thought. I worked hard to become like this. I can't lose now. No I know, I am hot, tanned, male population go crazy over me. I am not less than any model. I run for half hour daily and hit gym, I sun bath to become tan. What can I lack now! I tried to hide anything from my face.

Emelia smiled at me and then looked at Aiden. Oh this didn't look good. Believe me, I wasn't jealous. But it was another kind of bad. And if my thoughts were right-

"Oh, Aiden. How silly of me! I didn't noticed. I think I haven't told you but last night was awesome", she said with a smile.

______________________________

Hit vote if you like it. And tell me your thoughts.