Issue #20...a Yugioh Fan Fiction

Start from the beginning

We circled each other our mouths open as our fangs sharply edged the air around us. I almost cried when I smelt Kaiba’s blood Onyx’s scarlet fangs. My pearl fangs edged the air carefully and gracefully as his did. It was as if we were in a dance of death and the Shadow Realms were our merry-go-round.

“I play two cards facedown. I place myself in defense mode. You’re move Shadow.” Entrez’s knowledge let me know earlier that even in defense mode I could still be attacked—physically—I just wouldn’t loose any Lifepoints—but I would still bleed. I should be able to fend him off quicker than he’d be able to attack me and make me bleed.

Shadow smiled as his translucent spirit drew a card. His smug grin became darker as a card slammed down onto his duel disk.

“I play the card Seal of Oracalcos!! Looks like luck is on my side—I drew that on my first move!” He chuckled, the black wolf swishing his ebony tail as the six pointed star of the Seal of Oracalcos formed around us pulsing around Shadow and it swept over me. It wrapped us in a perfect circle—unison to us circling each other.

“Placing one face down; I end my turn.”

“I doubt luck is on your side—more like cheating.” I growled. His smile faded as he spoke again.

“Why my dear Entrez—it wouldn’t be any fun without the Seal of Oracalcos.”

I mentally drew my next card. It was another equips card—thank god I had taken the time when I was at Roran’s to strategize my deck—taking all of my monster cards out of my deck. Only recently did I place three monsters in my deck—and a Polymerization card.

I mentally drew my card as I foreseen what it was. It was the Polymerization card already—okay—that would come in handy.

“I place another card facedown. Your move.” I said waiting. He drew the card and smiled.

“I play the card Dark Spell!” He chuckled, “It gives a 500 point boost to me! ATTACK!”

I snarled and dodged his dive for my throat. We spun around following each other’s movements. I kept dodging him and smiled as he growled at me—like I was a little girl trying to figure out how to play the game for the first time.

“You must be attacked—my attack points are greater!” He roared as I gave a sweet soft chuckle to him. I gasped in pain as he attacked my shoulder. Blood burst from it and ran down my side. Instead of feeling like lava, it felt like a numbing ice that soaked through my body.

“I don’t think so Shadow—I played the card Defense Force! It allows me to counter your attack! I snarled and jumped as I switched to attack mode and dived for his throat. I caught his shoulder as he dodged wearily out of the way. Blood rippled down his shoulder as I pulled back. I snapped at him—my teeth not even stained with his blood as I shouted.

“That is for Seto! Take that scar to your grave!” I said and jumped off him and began circling him as he picked himself off the ground. By that attack by both of us—our points didn’t go down—it stayed the same. We were evenly matched.

*******************************************************************

To the doctors he was in a coma—to Mocuba he was already gone. His faith in Hope’s winning hadn’t faded; but he didn’t believe his brother would last any longer. His chance of surviving was almost gone.

Yugi sat with the others in the Waiting Room….. After they had waited quite a while; Yugi got up and walked out of the Room. The others had fallen asleep—too lost in their own thoughts to stop him so he left without their knowledge.