Issue #14...a Yugioh Fan Fiction

Recap....

"since they hurt Amy, they are right. I will not obey them anymore.”

“Why betray them?” I asked.

“I have nothing more left to loose Entrez; they tortured her—I will help you if it means they will die.”....

Now it all made sense, why he was seeking me out, Entrez had been his friend, not his rival, now he wanted to team up, so we could take down the S.O.B's at Oracalcos faster.

“I understand, but I can’t help you;” I said and stood up, looking away from him.

“Yes you can!” he said and stood and walked next to me.

“No I can’t—I’m not strong enough. I was exhausted just from walking through a mob of crazed fans….You expect me to kill the dark energy that comes from the bracelet that found me?”

“I’m expecting nothing from you Hope; but Entrez.”

“We are practically the same! The only difference is she has a really distant past!”

“Exactly; you’re so fused with her—which means you can separate.” He said and stepped towards me and I growled.

“If you try and take this bracelet off me Roran—I will kill you.”

He stopped, his yellow eyes regarding me with frustration, “That’s not what I meant—it means in a duel you can separate from her to duel. She can be the monster and you can lay magic and trap cards down for her or combine her with other creatures.” Roran insisted—as if the wolf side of me was a simple card that could be played.

“She isn’t a duel monster—”

“No but when you’re dueling Shadow—the Oracalcos leader—he’ll be dueling with only one monster and so will you.”

“So what—we can only duel once and then the other will attack each other until Shadow or my wolf Entrez is sent to the graveyard?”

“Yes, except you two won’t be entirely separated. You’ll still be in wolf form—only your spirit will be able to pick up magic and traps and lay them down on the field for Entrez and yourself. This game will hurt much more though it’s linked to the shadow realms—and you’ll feel like you’re on fire.”

“That’s comforting—so this means we’ll have attack and defense points?” Roran looked regretfully at me as I spoke.

“Yes, and that’s the hard part—he has a total attack points of 3,000.”

          “What!? That’s as much as a Blue Eyes White Dragon!” I said thinking of Seto’s favorite card. Saying the blue eyes white dragon sent chills down my spine, and shivers down my back, but I did not understand why.

“You know about the card—but you don’t know the legend behind the card.” Roran said and I stared at him in annoyance.

          “What is up with all legends and stuff? Is that all my life is? Based on old legends and magic?”

          “Sadly, yes—but let me finish speaking. Its eyes are said to have been made of sapphire and its heart beats as one with whoever controls this card. This Vicinity tribe tried to control its power—for its greatness was originated from Egypt—but before that it was from the Realms I just mentioned. Fire and Ice ruled their worlds until a portal—an image of another land appeared in a cloud. They flew to that—and to earth.”

          “What? A portal—” I said stunned. A portal the clouds—the rain the lightning…it sounded like a bad case of de ja-vù. Maybe this was part of the key to get home…