Issue #43...a Yugioh Fan Fiction

My house was empty, my parents having left for their trip. I went into my room and began grabbing my clothes, throwing them into a pack on my bed. We had still planned on going on our trip, but now with Trackers in the area it motivated us to get out of dodge a little sooner. Seto leaned in the doorway watching me carefully.

“How are you feeling?” He asked, my blue eyes flicked up to him curious. He stared at me in return, his blue eyes flickering through his strands of brown hair.

“Well, my side still hurts like hell, if that’s what you’re asking.” I said pointedly.

He smirked, closing his eyes, “That’s not what I meant, how are you handling everything else?”

“Oh…” I went to staring at my bag, as I folded a pair of jeans. “It seems like once we’re done with one bad thing, another thing comes up. We were having such a good run, we went through this last year with almost no conflicts. I guess I knew it was too good to last.” I said bitterly.

Seto’s eyes opened and he walked up to me, hugging me from behind. “Look at it this way, at least we don’t have the Geek Squad here, rattling on about teamwork and friendship. It’s just you and me.” This last part he said softer, reminding me more of the Seto in Egypt.

I smiled, turning around to face him. He kissed me gently on the lips, making my heart race. I smiled at my next thought, “Oh come on, you know you miss Joey a little bit right?” His eyebrow twitched at the sound of Wheeler’s name and he suppressed a shudder. I gave a small laugh in response.

“You know what I am looking forward to in all of this?” I asked softly and he looked at me curious.

I had taken his hand and smiled, as I replied, “The fact that it is…just you and me on this trip…” I smiled deviously and added, “and Roran…and Breanna…oh probably Sawyer too.” He rolled his eyes, walking away from me.

He tossed a shirt at me, and I caught it with my free hand. “Oh just shut up and get packed.” He said, a playful tone in his voice.

******************************************************

            The engine turned off as Seto removed the keys from the ignition. Soon he was on the other side, opening up my door and making me blush. He was only this courteous when he knew I wasn’t feeling well.

            I grimaced as I pulled myself out of the car, the wounds still felt fresh because of Sawyer tearing them open again earlier this morning. Seto’s eyes narrowed, noticing I was in pain, “I wonder if Roran killed Sawyer while we were gone.” He commented hopefully, clearly not liking the gray wolf.

            “Well, there’s only one way to find out.” I sighed, looking at the large house we were about to enter. If the two did try to kill each other when we were gone I could only imagine all of the destruction inside the building.

            As we get near to the house I looked at the surrounding area, all trees. I jumped when I saw a glint of metal reflecting in the sun.

            “Seto!” I grabbed him and yanked him backwards just as the bullet dug into the earth, inches from our feet. 

            Gunshots began and we quickly dash into the house. Bullets dug into the wooden bark, splintering.

            “What the hell,” I panted heavily, “Does he have an A-K 47 or what!?” Breanna and Roran ran up to us.

           “What’s going on,” Roran demands with a growl.