Issue #37...a Yugioh Fan Fiction

***************************************************************

            Purple and gold hats are braced in Class of 2012’s hands—ready to fly into the air of our gymnasium. All around me there is my closest friends… Breanna Ritter...Roran Akeno……and Seto. His little brother Mocuba is in the bleachers—who now isn’t actually that little—he was in high school himself now—and now he was only shorter than me by about five inches. We had all made it this far—I thought with a laugh.

            Seto wrapped his hand around my waist and smiled—dazzling me with his bright blue eyes. I smiled back warmly and hugged him—cheers rang throughout the high school. All of the Class of 2012 threw our purple and gold caps as high as the rafters in the gym. The others too—had made it through high school, and exams. It truly was a time to celebrate.

            The hat’s all fell back down onto the ground. Suddenly a scream vibrated my ears—my keen hearing couldn’t bear it. Roran, Seto and I grimaced at the sound.

            Alert I turned towards the screams, to see a jet black dog blocking the right exit, his paws clicking heavily across the freshly waxed gym floors. This was no ordinary dog, it was a wolf, his crimson eyes glaring at the crowd.

My eyes widened, seeing the darker half I thought I had killed years ago, now standing alive and well—ready to kill me and anyone that stood in his way.

Shadow.

 Shadow growled…pacing back and forth between the door and my family, friends, and classmates. Searching me out for revenge….Suddenly my throat was tightened—was I going to scream or cry? I had to get out of here, get away from all of the people I cared about otherwise they’d get hurt too. I tried to strategize a way out, if I got to the next exit on the left side. I could circle around and get out so I could shape-shift unnoticed.

             Another scream was followed by a series of roars…Kya…the tigress prowled in front of that exit—her eyes found mine. Her claws extended, scraping across the floor with a screech.

          We were trapped with the two enemies that I had eliminated first hand. How were they still alive?

Were they here for revenge or for power?

            Suddenly a large golden brown wolf staring Shadow down with his steele blue eyes. Seto snarled, snapping his pearl fangs into the air threateningly as he stood—feet from Shadow.

            With a fit of roars and snarls the room broke into a bloodbath. Shadow was quick and cunning, and my heart clenched watching Seto fight. He wasn’t used to his  dark spirits form, and was slower than he should have been.

            Interrupting my thoughts, Shadow roared and snapped his pearl fangs around Seto’s side. He grabbed his side and bit down onto Seto’s ribs. Seto yelped in pain….Then I heard a crunch of bone as his ribs were shattered like glass.

My breath tightened as I tried to scream out his name but my voice had been lost. Red crimson eyes met mine, as bloodied fangs wrapped around the russet wolf’s neck,  a moment later, his neck was crushed.

Seto dropped to the wooden gym floor dead…

            My voice finally returned to me. “SETO!!!” I screamed loudly my heart racing and pounding in my chest. Oh my God…oh my God…he’s—Seto is—I stared at the body again…the golden brown wolf lying on the floor with the crimson blood pouring out of him. The smell coming off him smelled awful as the body just laid there.