"Yeah. And there's of course Hailey Truworth and her sidekick Michelle Jacobs. She, like, follows Hailey everywhere. It's pathetic." The girl behind Hailey nodded vigorously, as was her duty.

Juliet wanted to laugh at the irony.

Amanda went on. "Hailey is convinced that she is at the top of the social hierarchy at this school, and that no one is to associate themselves with the 'royals' except her." Juliet assumed the royals consisted of her brother and the others. "Apparently, she is the only one worthy of their attention," she sneered. "That skanky bitch."

"Is that all?"

"Pretty much." Amanda sighed daintily and then said, "we are right after Hailey and Michelle, of course. Also," she added, eyeing Juliet, "you should do something with your face. It's too..." She shivered. "Bony."

"Sure," Juliet said sharply. "So, thanks. That was very helpful."

"No problem. Also, what's your last name?"

"It's Ashton." Juliet smiled. "So, see you later. Bye, girlies."

The girls stared at her dumbly, their jaws agape, as Juliet walked away from them.

***

JULIET SAT AT A table at the back of the dining hall. Each table could seat ten to twelve people, and every single seat was empty except for hers. She was literally tucked into a corner.

The dining hall was large, and Juliet realised why there were only two dorms. There weren't too many students - not everyone could afford it.

So, the large common foyer that connected Hamilton and Lincoln? If you continued forward, you entered an enormous basement that was called the 'Commons'. It was filled with pool tables and comfortable furniture and stuff. That same small building connecting the two dorms also consisted of a gym, a swimming pool, a nurse's clinic, a salon, a spa, and god knows what else.

Juliet had chicken for dinner. It was minced chicken meat with mashed potatoes, and it was delicious. It reminded her of her maternal grandmother's food, slavic food.

Juliet was reading up on some Greek History while taking a few big bites of her dinner. Quite a few people peeked at her, and whispers flew around, but no one really bothered her. Thank heavens.

She ate her dinner in peace, and read about the Greeks. When it was time for dessert, she chose chocolate ice cream.

It was simple.

It was classic.

It did no harm.

The ice cream was soft and cool and delicious. Juliet sighed in contentment.

Then, two figures settled in front of her. The figures were female; one was staring at her like she was a puzzle; the other was beaming like a cheshire cat.

Juliet glanced at them, and faltered only for a second when she glanced at Cheshire. She quickly recovered. "Well well well - Clumsy and Cheshire have come to visit. What did I do to deserve to be graced by their lovely presence?"

Cheshire frowned, as if she was surprised at Juliet. Juliet stared at her, studying her face.

She looked so much like Marina...

Nyssa laughed. "Good to see that you haven't lost your charm, goat."

"What would I do without it?" Juliet said drily. "What do you two girls want?"

Cheshire blurted, "sit with us!" She glanced at Nyssa when she sighed and blushed. "I mean," she cleared her throat and spoke more calmly, "sit with us."